Aaron Craft hit a 3-pointer with a half-second left, and Ohio State escaped Dayton — a place of heartaches — as the lone high seed left in the NCAA tournament’s wild West Regional, beating Iowa State 78-75 on Sunday.
Even though Ohio State hasn’t fared all that well in Dayton since he’s been the head coach — never made it through the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament intact — it’s still the place for his fondest college basketball memory.
Louisville’s pressure. Jim Boeheim’s postgame press conferences. HAVOC. Coach K’s drive for five. Get pumped, people — it’s tourney time!
DeShaun Thomas scored 17 points and No. 10 Ohio State used its stout defense to beat No. 22 Wisconsin 50-43 on Sunday for the Big Ten tournament title.
Aaron Craft came on strong in the second half to finish with 20 points and lead No. 10 Ohio State past No. 8 Michigan State, 61-58 on Saturday in the semifinals of the Big Ten tournament.
Deshaun Thomas, playing perhaps his final home game for No. 14 Ohio State, scored 19 points Sunday to lead the Buckeyes to a 68-55 victory over Illinois, keeping alive their hopes of a Big Ten title tie.
Victor Oladipo scored a career-high 26 points, Cody Zeller added 24 and Christian Watford 20 to lead No. 1 Indiana back from a demoralizing loss to a huge road win in beating No. 10 Ohio State 81-68 on Sunday.
Tim Hardaway Jr. kept Michigan in the game when the Wolverines weren’t playing a whole lot of defense. Then he ended it by smothering Ohio State’s final chance of overtime.
Deshaun Thomas scored 25 points, including 10 during a game-breaking 15-0 second-half run, to lead No. 11 Ohio State past Wisconsin 58-49 on Tuesday night.
Deshaun Thomas had 20 points and scored the first and last baskets in a 16-0 first-half spurt to help No. 15 Ohio State beat second-ranked Michigan 56-53 on Sunday, denying the Wolverines their first No. 1 ranking in more than 20 years.
Brandon Paul scored 19 points and No. 11 Illinois bounced back from a tough loss in its Big Ten opener to beat No. 8 Ohio State 74-55 on Saturday.
Deshaun Thomas scored 17 points and No. 10 Ohio State regained its shooting touch with an 87-44 victory over Chicago State on Saturday, the Buckeyes’ final tuneup before beginning Big Ten play.
Jared Sullinger scored 18 points, including two big baskets in the final 3 minutes to lead Ohio State past Gonzaga 73-66 on Saturday and into the round of 16.
Jared Sullinger banked in a turnaround shot with 3.1 seconds left Wednesday night and No. 10 Ohio State recovered after squandering a 13-point second-half lead to beat Northwestern 75-73.
Jared Berggren scored Wisconsin’s final five points – including a go-ahead 3-pointer with 31 seconds left – and the 16th-ranked Badgers beat No. 8 Ohio State 63-60 on Sunday.
Deshaun Thomas scored 19 points and No. 8 Ohio State regained its shooting touch, rolling over Illinois 83-67 on Tuesday night to remain in the thick of the Big Ten race.
Michigan coach John Beilein had one of the longest days of his career on Saturday. He couldn’t have asked for a better ending.
Lenzelle Smith Jr. scored 17 points and had a career-high 12 rebounds as No. 4 Ohio State flexed its muscle inside to beat No. 20 Michigan 64-49 on Sunday, keeping the Buckeyes in a first-place tie in the Big Ten.
The No. 22 Fighting Illini made a game of it, but couldn’t pull out the win against the No. 1 Buckeyes on Saturday, commiting a late turnover as Ohio State pulled out the 73-68 win over Illinois.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!