The manager of a farm in southwest suburban Lockport said it’s a good thing someone heard the cries of baby goats that were abandoned across the street. Otherwise, “they would have been coyote bait.”
Lakeshore PAWS, which has been caring for the puppies, received more than 70 adoption applications after Karen Read, of Portage, found them abandoned along a dark road in the park last week.
Members of the Chicago police bomb squad were checking out an abandoned truck parked near the rental car facility at O’Hare International Airport on Tuesday afternoon.
A developmentally disabled Algonquin woman abandoned by her mother in a bar in Tennessee has been made a ward of that state, after prosecutors determined her mother didn’t break any laws when she left her there.
State officials are asking for the public’s help in locating the family of a 2-year-old girl who was abandoned on the West Side last week.
Demolition is finally underway at the Dixie Square Mall in Harvey, more than 33 years after the mall closed.
Isis, the shepherd terrier mix who was abandoned in the cold by her owners and then attacked by children with baseball bats, is now in a foster home.
Police in northwest Indiana and Chicago were trying to solve a wild case on Wednesday, after a woman was killed in South Bend and a car linked to the case turned up in Chicago.
A homeless dog named Isis has caught the attention of Chicago dog lovers, after she was beaten over the weekend when her owner moved to a new apartment and left her.
Over 72 hours after a blizzard stranded hundreds of motorists on Lake Shore Drive, more than 100 cars remain waiting in parking lots for their owners to pick them up.
Lake Shore Drive is back open, but many of the people who were stuck for hours have yet to be reunited with their cars.
The wife of a Merrillville, Ind., police officer is being credited with saving the life of a newborn baby.
An Elgin man abandoned overnight in the Kane County courthouse last month is reportedly considering suing the county.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4780
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!