Milton Bradley, 35, was convicted after a four-week trial of nine misdemeanor counts, including four counts of spousal battery, one count of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of making criminal threats.
Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow is among those expected to speak at a weekend summit sponsored by the Illinois State Crime Commission.
The former soccer player is one of four onetime students who are suing amid allegations that sexual abuse occurred on multiple occasions.
Goldine Williams was ordered held Thursday in lieu of $200,000 bond on charges of aggravated battery to a child.
There are more than 70 alleged abuse cases from Illinois — the earliest from 1960, the latest 1985.
If you had any doubts state lawmakers played favorites when awarding free state college scholarships over the years, doubt no more.
Abuse of disability benefits by Chicago Police officers hit the headlines over the weekend, and now, a published report says the firefighters have run up a big tab for the city too.
A Brookfield man stands accused of neglecting the medical needs of his bedridden wife for years, refusing to even purchase a proper bed or basic first aid products while spending his wife’s disability checks.
A west suburban Aurora man has been charged in connection with the abuse of a 3-year-old boy.
Chicago Police detectives are questioning the mother of an 11-month-old baby who was taken to a hospital with extensive injuries.
Another push is underway to eliminate the frequently-abused legislative scholarships that state lawmakers are allowed to hand out to students in their districts.
A Wicker Park man is facing charges after a neighbor reportedly saw him dragging a puppy down a sidewalk this morning.
A Chicago man and a 13-year-old boy are facing numerous charges after allegedly posting videos of themselves torturing puppies on YouTube.
The Will County State’s Attorney has a new employee. He’s a 3-year-old, 63-pound Labrador Retriever named Jackson.
Paul Smith, the man who is seen being roughly treated by a North Chicago police officer in surveillance video, is speaking out for the first time.
When unexplained bruising appeared on one of a Lincoln Park family’s infant twin boys, their doctor suggested installing a home surveillance system — a hidden “nanny cam,” police say.
A Chicago animal rights group went undercover at a North Carolina turkey farm, and what they found was shocking and severe enough to warrant the attention of police.
Vernon D. Widener, 55, and Tina Louise Graham, 40, both of Lowell, Ind., allegedly abused Graham’s teen son between August 2008 and January 2011.
Police also waited for the owners to return to their vehicles, to make sure the placards actually belonged to them.
Amid allegations of widespread cheating, a state lawmaker wants to take away most free parking for the disabled.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!