The train struck the woman about 4:30 p.m. near West 115th and South State streets, according to Fire Media Affairs.
A woman was killed when she was struck by a semitrailer truck in the West Loop this morning.
For the second time this weekend, police officers were sent the hospital, following a traffic accident.
A man died early Tuesday when he suffered an apparent heart attack and crashed into a median barrier on the Kennedy Expy.
A Crown Point teen was killed when he went airborne on his dirt bike and landed on a fence post on Saturday night in Leroy.
Last week, a father and son jumped into action to save a child struck by a Metra train. On Wednesday, they sat down to talk with Chris Martinez about their heroism.
Dominic Szymanski was struck by a commuter train around Friday. Passersby and police officers immediately began administering first aid as paramedics rushed to the scene.
Little Alex Sheridan of New Lenox averted disaster recently when her mom suffered a health complication that caused her to drive erratically. CBS 2′s Mike Parker talks with the family.
One person was dead and two others were injured in a traffic accident Wednesday morning in west suburban Cicero.
Icy roads and freezing rain caused an 11-car pileup in northwest suburban Schaumburg Saturday night, according to Illinois State Police.
A police officer responding to a burglary was injured in a traffic accident Monday in the Logan Square neighborhood.
A 67-year-old woman was killed in a traffic crash in the Northwest Side Logan Square neighborhood early Tuesday.
A total of 20 people, including many students, were injured and sent to hospitals after a school bus accident on Interstate 294 near Deerfield.
Three children sustained minor injuries Tuesday afternoon when a pickup truck struck a school bus.
An accident is causing major backups on the Bishop Ford Expy. on Tuesday morning.
A pedestrian and an Illinois State Police trooper were hospitalized after a “serious traffic crash” on Interstate 55 near southwest suburban Lemont.
A woman was killed and two children injured after a Metra train hit a vehicle on the South Side.
Chicago police are releasing a description of a dump trunk that struck and killed a 72-year-old woman on the southwest side last month.
A school bus driver was injured in a hit-and-run accident in Bartlett on Thursday.
A minivan struck and killed an 84-year-old woman as she crossed the street Monday evening near her home in the West Ridge neighborhood on the Far North Side.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!