They say they won’t go without a fight, not even on a rainy day, chanting and marching outside buildings that for quite some time, offered SRO’s, or single room occupancy units to those who had no other options.
As negotiations continued to end the days of fighting between Israel and Hamas on the Gaza strip, dueling rallies were held in downtown Chicago on Tuesday, by both pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian activists.
Some Chicago neighborhood activists will be out on Halloween night, trying to protect trick-or-treaters from egg-throwers.
Occupy Chicago activists are looking for help finding fellow demonstrators find a place to stay during the NATO summit, so they’re asking Chicagoans to let them occupy their houses, apartments, back yards, or churches.
About 200 people gathered at Federal Plaza on Tuesday to send a message on this Tax Day 2012.
Neighbors in Englewood are not pleased after an 80-year-old man was arrested for shooting a man who was allegedly burglarizing his house.
Just days after state lawmakers introduced legislation to legalize gay marriage in Illinois, Chicago’s Gay Liberation Network led a demonstration outside Holy Name Cathedral Sunday morning.
The UIC forum was packed with more than 1,000 activists and union members Thursday night for the first ever “People’s City Council Meeting.”
It’s been a year, and it may have been forgotten already – the venture in the Middle East called Freedom Flotilla that brought boats and bloodshed to the high seas. But now, a Chicago man is among those ready to sail again.
A Chicago City Council committee will take up a proposed ordinance that would clamp new restrictions on emissions from two Southwest Side power plants, both of which are fired by coal.
Four more grand jury subpoenas have gone out to supporters of Palestinian independence, and supporters gathered Thursday to call it a political witch hunt.
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!