The first stages of your child’s life can be the most important in terms of development. Take advantage of the Mommy & Me classes offered in Chicago to spend bonding time with your child while stimulating growth and development.
When choosing a new pet for the home, take advantage of some of the quality breeders in the Chicago area to ensure an animal bred with love.
Mother’s Day is a great day for celebrating all your mother has done for you throughout the year. Make this year’s Mother’s Day extra special by taking your mother out for a great family experience in Chicago.
A good Chicago-based travel agent may be an indispensable resource for getting the most out of your trip, your time and your money.
Graduation parties can mark the closing of one door and an opening of another. Celebrate this important milestone with your friends and family in some of Chicago’s great venues.
Having a hard time trying to figure out what to do with your mom this mother’s day? Check out these activities and pick your favorite one!
Take advantage of all the different swimming programs Chicago has to offer and make the most of the upcoming summer.
Building a kids’ play area can seem like a daunting task. Get some handy tips from a professional Chicago Area carpenter or handyman to make the project functional, safe and fun.
The circus can be enjoyed by all ages, whether it’s the amazing feats or the animal interaction. Chicago has a number of circus experiences geared towards all ages, so make sure to visit an event near you this year.
Summer in Chicago isn’t just about time away from school to play outside in the sun. Stimulating the mind through creativity and the arts is a great way to keep the summer as an educational time for kids of all ages.
While Chicago definitely isn’t lacking in outdoor activities during the summer, it can be helpful to give your teens some structure during their summer break.
With over 300,000 Jewish families in Chicago, there are a number of different events geared towards the celebration of Passover for 2013. Check out what the city has to offer for Jews and non-Jews alike and let the kids get involved in this deeply spiritual holiday.
Parents of public school students were feeling mixed emotions as they sent kids to half-day programs at scores of Chicago Public Schools sites on Monday during the teachers’ strike, while others were confused when they learned teachers had walked off the job.
Get out and enjoy some apple picking with your family.
Come fall, sports leagues for kids in Chicago explode with activity. Boys and girls from tots to teens get a healthy dose of competition, pride in themselves, energy exertion and a way to keep busy in a productive way that won’t drive parents crazy. Explore the best fall sports leagues for kids in Chicago when school starts this year for a well-rounded, happy kid all year long.
The clock is ticking down: Summer is almost over and nobody’s ready. Sure you may have completed your technical preparations. Maybe you have done all of your school supply shopping, picked out the perfect outfit for the first day of school and even finished that daunting list of summer readings. Before the kids return to school, bid that summer vacation the proper farewell, soaking up the last relaxing, sun-soaked days together.
With PTA meetings and soccer practices, midnight feedings and poopy diapers, you have to remember that you are still a person with separate needs. And you have a spouse who has those same needs. So here is the time to step out of the mystical magical world of parenthood and take a day to get lost in the romantic bliss that waits in the streets of Chicago.
There are some great ways to prepare for the school year without stressing yourself or your wallet. Avoid the cookie-cutter look of the big chain stores with these fun, funky area options sure to please any family.
When summer strikes in Chicago, it’s time for families to start planning their weekend getaways. Just don’t make the mistake of forgetting a very important member of the family this year. That furry, four-legged pal who waits for you at the end of each day needs a little vacation as well. Take the time to plan a day trip to please the entire family at the best places to take a doggy day trip near Chicago.
Chicago boasts a variety of activities that include boat rides, gardens, outdoor concerts and nature museums perfect for any family this summer. Whether you live in Winnetka, Wheaton or Wicker Park, Chicago and the suburbs offer a little bit of everything parents need to get the kids out of the house when school lets out.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!