A reporter previously held in contempt of court while covering a grisly Joliet double-homicide will not have to disclose his source, a state appeals court ruled Monday.
Joshua Miner was not surprised by his murder conviction, his attorney said at the time. Miner shouldn’t be surprised by his sentence, either. Miner, 26, was convicted of the murders of 22-year-olds Eric Glover and Terrance Rankins. Miner faced mandatory life sentence under Illinois law and on Wednesday that is what he received
Bethany McKee was convicted of two counts of murder in August, in the strangling deaths of Eric Glover and Terrance Rankins, both 22, in January 2013.
Joshua Miner, 26, was charged with the murders of Terrance Rankins and Eric Glover, both 22, whose bodies were found by police Jan. 10, 2013 on the second floor of a home at 1121 N. Hickory St. His sentencing is set for Nov. 12. He faces a mandatory term of life in prison.
Closing arguments were delivered Tuesday morning in the trial of the accused ringleader of a grisly double-homicide in 2013. A verdict on the fate of Joshua Miner, 26, is expected from Will County Circuit Court Judge Gerald Kinney on Oct. 8.
The voice of the man who allegedly engineered a grisly double-homicide on Joliet’s Hickory Street in January 2013 could finally echo through a Will County courtroom Wednesday.
A Will County judge has convicted a 20-year-old woman of two counts of murder for her role in a grisly 2013 double slaying in Joliet.
Will County Judge Gerald Kinney scheduled Joshua Miner’s murder trial for Sept. 22 during a court appearance Thursday for Miner, 26, and Adam Landerman, 21. But the trial could be postponed if a pending evaluation of Miner’s sanity at the time of the killings is not complete.
Bethany McKee, 20, is on trial for the murders of two 22-year-olds, Terrance Rankins and Eric Glover. Their bodies were found Jan. 10, 2013, in Alisa Massaro’s home at 1121 N. Hickory St. in Joliet. Closing statements in McKee’s trial could begin as early as Tuesday.
In her own words, Bethany McKee talked about how she and three others killed the pair, partied after the murders and then planned to get away with it.
Prosecutors say robbery was the motive behind a gruesome double murder, and they say the suspects only got away with $120.
Elusive details of one of Joliet’s most gruesome double homicides could finally be revealed this week when one of four people arrested in the case is set to go on trial.
A Will County judge on Thursday ruled that statements a man accused in the grisly murders of two Joliet men allegedly made to police without an attorney present may be used against him.
The defense alleges in motions that Joshua Miner, 25, was questioned under duress and without a lawyer present. Prosecutors said Miner was read his rights and was not coerced during questioning.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2014. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Will County Judge Gerald Kinney ordered the evaluation Monday for Joshua Miner, 25, at the urging of Miner’s defense attorney.
Adam Landerman, 20, filed an emergency motion for furlough from jail to attend the wake for his grandfather, Fred Landerman, at Dames Funeral Home in Joliet.
A Will County judge is considering putting a news reporter on the witness stand to find out how he got his hands on police reports describing allegations in a brutal double homicide in southwest suburban Joliet earlier this year.
A judge’s standing orders sealing the case file and gagging the attorneys left more questions than answers after the latest hearing in Will County for the group already charged with the murders of Eric Glover and Terrance Rankins.
After they allegedly murdered two young men, two of the four suspects involved in the savage and bizarre attack decided to have sex on top of the corpses, according to a published report.