Addison’s Charley Bejna had to bow out before completing the thousand-mile race between Anchorage and Nome.
On Oct. 5, Indian Trail Junior High was locked down for three hours after authorities thought an intruder restrained a female student in a restroom and was still in the building. CBS 2′s Chris Martinez reports.
Police fatally shot a man following a barricade situation Monday night in a west suburban home where he fired shots at officers investigating a hit-and-run crash.
School officials found a female student at Indian Trail Junior High School “restrained” in a restroom Friday morning, prompting police to sweep Indian Trail Junior High and a nearby elementary school.
A junior high school in west suburban Addison was on lock down for several hours Friday after a female student was found restrained in a bathroom, authorities said.
A semi-trailer truck flipped over Wednesday morning in Addison, shutting down a busy entrance ramp to northbound I-355.
Police say a 19-year-old Addison man put on a clown mask and attacked a woman as she got out of her car in broad daylight this week.
Some suburban Republican congressmen staged a job fair Monday, but they were scoffing at political motives in this election year.
Police say a barefoot stranger came upon the Sanchez family home in unincorporated Addison and tried the door. It was unlocked.
Red Line ‘L’ train service was disrupted early Tuesday afternoon, due to what the Chicago Transit Authority only called police activity at the Addison stop near Wrigley Field.
Addison police are investigating the fatal shooting of a dog on Saturday, near a forest preserve.
Best Buy — the nation’s largest consumer electronics retailer — is announcing which of its many Chicago area stores will be closing next month.
An Addison man was being held on $200,000 bond Thursday after stealing the wrong computer – a Laptop with built-in tracking technology that led police right to him.
The man convicted of killing an Addison woman in 1995 and cutting an unborn baby from her womb should find out Wednesday when he will get a hearing that could lead to a new trial.
Officials filed charges against a motorist accused of killing a man and hurting an Illinois State Police trooper Saturday in a wreck on the Eisenhower Expressway in west suburban Addison.
Maybe Wrigley Field should be called the Slippery Confines.
Late night CTA riders should allow extra travel time this week as construction on the Blue and Red lines will cause minor delays.
A west suburban man was sentenced to 24 years in prison Wednesday for sexually assaulting a young girl in her home, where he had rented a room.
Bond has been set at $10 million for two Melrose Park men who were caught with nearly two tons of marijuana inside an Addison business.
Police and federal agents credit an informant with providing the information that led to the arrest of nine people early Tuesday on charges of illegally buying and supplying guns to members of a west suburban faction of a Chicago-based street gang.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!