This week, a small South Korean girl will be returned to her native country, after her adoptive parents lost a legal fight to keep her. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley explains.
Two women, who battled an emptiness in their hearts for so long, were reunited Monday. Those two hearts are full again. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley was in court for the latest chapter in what’s become an international and emotional drama.
A recent law signed in the U.S. deems Russia as a human rights violator, which caused an uproar in Moscow.
The Greater Chicago Cage Bird Club is putting all of the birds up for adoption beginning Tuesday Dec. 4. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
A Chicago area bird organization that took in hundreds of birds that were allegedly being inadequately cared for by their owner plans to put the birds up for adoption.
In July, Kendall County Animal Control was asked by other county agencies to assist at a home that had several cats inside.
An organization in Hammond, Ind., called “We Care From The Heart,” is looking for volunteers to “adopt” seniors and disabled people, to help improve their quality of life.
A hearing is being held Thursday to determine the future for 43 puppies that were found in a cramped parked vehicle last week.
A judge is allowing the American Civil Liberties Union to intervene in the battle over adoption rights for same-sex couples.
The state has resumed referring foster care cases to Catholic Charities, as a court battle continues over the right to turn away same-sex couples in civil unions.
A Chicago mother who lost her kids because she was deemed an unfit parent now has them back.
Police say the victims come from all over the country — people who wanted to be parents, but now say they got scammed on an adoption Web site.
Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey today revealed on her show that she recently leaned that she has a sister named Patricia living in Milwaukee.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!