Hundreds of mourners were packing into a church in west suburban River Forest on Wednesday, to pay their final respects to a young woman killed while working as a diplomat in Afghanistan.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry stopped in Chicago today to visit the parents of the young U.S. diplomat killed in Afghanistan. Anne Smedinghoff was killed while delivering textbooks in southern Afghanistan earlier this month.
Loved ones honored a young diplomat from River Forest on Tuesday at her former high school, three days after she was killed in a Taliban bombing in Afghanistan.
The body of Anne Smedinghoff, the U.S. diplomat form River Forest killed in Afghanistan over the weekend, has been returned to the U.S.
A Fenwick High School graduate was among the six Americans killed in an explosion in Afghanistan Saturday.
It was business as usual inside Mrs. Clancy’s fourth grade math class at Newberry Math & Science Academy until Lt. Jeffery Gray walked into the room.
Twelve men were greeted with hugs and some tears.
A daylong memorial for the 6,600 Americans killed in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan was scheduled for 9:11 a.m. Friday at the plaza outside the Thompson Center.
When the deal is being made to change the tax rates and cut the deficit we must remember to keep our commitment to our veterans.
A taste of Chicago will be headed to Afghanistan come Super Bowl Sunday.
Romney won this debate in more ways than one – most impressively due to his dignified style.
Why is Mitt Romney, the severely Conservative candidate for president, all of a sudden moving to the middle?
With the situation getting worse on the ground Obama has ended the surge just in time for the election in November. Taliban and related attacks against NATO powers were approximately 2,700 in August of 2009 when Obama made his contrary-to-campaign promised-move to step up the nation’s military assistance in Afghanistan. Three years later, in August of 2012, there were more attacks – nearly 3,000.
Our economy is on a slow recovery – slower than anyone wants. But the lack of serious discussion about national security and the world we live in is troubling.
The name of a retired Chicago police officer who friends say had a heart for the poor is now on the memorial wall for all to see, at Gold Star Families Memorial Park alongside Soldier Field.
Mitt Romney insulted Britain’s preparations for the Olympics and inspired quotes like “apparently devoid of charm, warmth, humor or sincerity” and “worse than Sarah Palin” before cashing campaign checks from bankers and lobbyists who are at the center of the Libor scandal.
Monday, July 16, 2012, will be the day the war hit home for one neighborhood in Crown Point – one home after another after another, to be exact.
Federal defense officials say a 25-year-old Army sergeant from Rockford has died in Afghanistan.
While Americans are celebrating Independence Day tomorrow, one Crestwood family will have even more to celebrate – the safe homecoming of a soldier who had been serving in Afghanistan.
Tom Boyle was using his considerable experience as a former soldier and police officer to train recruits in Afghanistan. He was killed in an insurgent attack, CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.4254
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!