After School Matters
Former Mayor Richard M. Daley made an unusual and unusually generous gesture on Wednesday, donating more than half a million dollars from his former campaign fund to various Chicago charities and other organizations.
Mrs. Daley, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2002, died last November.
Chicago will say its final farewell to beloved former first lady Maggie Daley at her funeral downtown on Monday.
Maggie Daley had a huge impact on the lives of thousands and thousands of teens in the city, thanks to the After School Matters program. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman talks with three alums.
A public wake will be held on Sunday for Chicago’s former first lady, Maggie Daley, who died Thursday after a nearly decade-long battle with cancer.
Former Mayor Richard M. Daley is responding angrily to allegations about his wife’s favorite charitable project.
City Inspector General Joe Ferguson said Tuesday that former Mayor Richard M. Daley’s administration forced several firms that received city development subsidies to direct a portion of their own funds to charities, including one run by the ex-mayor’s wife, Maggie.
A celebration in Chicago Wednesday night marked the 20th anniversary of one of the best programs for teens in the country – After School Matters.
A former high-ranking city official who lost his job when Mayor Richard M. Daley decided not to run again has found another position.
Chicago First Lady Maggie Daley teamed up with Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel on Thursday to promote Mrs. Daley’s After School Matters programs.
Mayor Richard Daley was celebrating—and defending—the success of Chicago’s After School Matters program, run by his wife, Maggie.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!