Three men have been sentenced to probation for a July 2012 beating in Wrigleyville that left four injured — including a police officer — and was filmed as a part of a rap video.
A 19-year-old man and two teenage boys were charged with attempted murder Tuesday for shooting another teenager Monday evening in west suburban Aurora.
A former northwest suburban man was convicted Friday of punching his ex-girlfriend’s 5-year-old son in the groin multiple times and severely injuring the boy in 2011.
Two teens have been charged with this past weekend’s fatal shooting of a 14-year-old boy in what police believe was a gang-related incident.
A Brighton Park neighborhood man is facing multiple felony sexual abuse charges for allegedly fondling several girls on the Southwest Side since late February.
A struggle between northwest suburban Elgin police and a 40-year-old man Sunday morning ended up with the suspect and two of the officers being sent to hospitals and the suspect facing four felony charges. One of the officers drew his stun gun, but ended up shooting himself in hand.
Michael Highsmith told detectives that he had been friends with the victim for more than four years, and that he attacked him to steal his jewelry, Balmes said.
Cameron Griggs, 19, allegedly was with four other males who attacked two females and a male on a Red Line train at 15 W. 69th St.
Robert O’Leary, 50, was charged with nine counts of felony aggravated battery and one count of misdemeanor aggravated assault for the Dec. 21 incident at the Lake Forest Metra station.
A 20-year old man was behind bars in Will County Thursday morning, after allegedly trying to kidnap two girls on their way home from school in January.
A west suburban Naperville man accused of stabbing and trying to strangle his mother in 2011 only hours after being released from a psychiatric care center has been declared mentally unfit to stand trial for that alleged crime.
A man accused of striking a teenage boy with a gun and firing shots at two other people Saturday in north suburban Evanston is being held on $100,000 bond.
Lake County prosecutors have finally cleared the name of a man who served 20 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit.
A protester accused of hitting a Cook County correctional officer in the face with a tree branch during a demonstration outside the jail was ordered held on $10,000 bond Wednesday.
A passenger attacked the driver of a CTA bus, which then crashed into a parked car Monday in the North Side Albany Park neighborhood, police said.
Sentencing was delayed Thursday for a father convicted of aggravated battery for taping over his 22-month-old daughter’s mouth and binding her hands with tape, after the man’s defense attorney asked the judge for a new trial.
A 28-year-old southwest side man was still in the hospital Saturday — as a judge set bond at $150,000 for charges stemming from his Thanksgiving Day attack on a CTA bus driver, its passengers and police officers.
A west suburban man admitted in court Wednesday that he had inappropriate contact with 14 young girls he taught at now defunct gymnastics studio.
A 46-year-old southwest suburban man was denied bond Thursday after being charged with beating and trying to strangle his elderly father over the weekend.
A young father who bound his daughter in painter’s tape and then posted a picture of her on Facebook was found guilty Thursday of battery charges.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!