A Chicago man who bound his 22-month-old daughter with tape and posted a photo on Facebook was acquitted Tuesday of unlawful restraint and will find out the verdict on a second charge next week.
Bond has been set at $200,000 for a 19-year-old man charged with the shooting this week of two boys in the Far South Side Washington Heights neighborhood.
Police say a 19-year-old Addison man put on a clown mask and attacked a woman as she got out of her car in broad daylight this week.
A limo driver who ran down a teenage prostitute with his Hummer after she refused to accept payment from his wife’s ATM card faces up to 14 years in prison for aggravated battery.
Esmeralda Munoz, 29, was charged with one felony count of aggravated battery causing great bodily harm.
A 21-year-old man has been charged with attacking a woman who was jogging in the Old Town Triangle neighborhood on Sunday.
Police are crediting the cooperation of neighbors, as well as the keen ears and efforts of investigators, in leading to the arrest of a man wanted for the shooting of another man early Saturday in the West Englewood neighborhood.
Elgin police say an ex-boyfriend and his friend are responsible for breaking into a home and beating a couple this weekend.
Eight people have been charged with mob action, after four people were hurt in at least three mob attacks in and near downtown over the weekend.
A north suburban Waukegan man took a plea deal that kept him out of prison for an incident in which he took a needle and thread to his son’s buttocks.
A 58-year-old Elgin man is facing criminal charges after police said he tried to strangle a prostitute in a motel room after the woman refused additional sex after more than 30 encounters over a four-day period.
An Elgin woman is facing federal charges after she allegedly encouraged her teenage daughter to beat up another girl and then videotaped the assault.
A judge has denied bond for a 20-year-old man charged with shooting and trying to kill a Chicago Police officer earlier this week in the South Chicago neighborhood.
A south suburban police officer accused of tripping a teen and later grabbing him by the throat after the boy made a wisecrack was found not guilty during a bench trial on Monday.
An unruly CTA passenger accused of throwing rubbing alcohol in a bus driver’s face after a Friday argument over an expired fare card on the Near West Side was ordered held on $75,000 bond Sunday.
A 15-year-old girl now stands charged with a felony for allegedly stabbing a schoolmate with a pair of scissors at Hirsch Metro High School in the Grand Crossing neighborhood.
A man charged in connection with a shooting that left a police officer wounded was denied bond Sunday.
Lake Superior Court Judge Thomas Stefaniak Jr. imposed an 18-year sentence for aggravated battery and neglect of a dependent for an East Chicago woman who beat her 2-year-old child, causing a permanent, lifelong disability.
A 21-year-old man has been ordered held without bond for allegedly shooting at a Chicago police officer while fleeing police over the weekend.
An eighth teenager has been charged in connection with a beating and robbery that was videotaped and posted on YouTube last week.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!