A civil lawsuit filed in connection with the death of a 5-year-old girl last Labor Day, caused by a Highland Park teenager who was allegedly “huffing” a cleaning product beforehand, has been settled ahead of the teen’s criminal trial.
A west suburban man has been charged with being under the influence of heroin when the car he was driving plowed into the rear of a second car, killing an 11-year-old boy in February.
A Joliet man was charged with vehicular homicide after he drunkenly collided with a Chicago police cruiser Friday night — killing a passenger in his car while wounding himself, another occupant in the vehicle and two police officers.
A 70-year-old Far South Side man whose blood alcohol level was “extremely high” when he fatally struck a woman on the South Side in a 2011 hit-and-run is going to prison.
A 32-year-old man has been charged with felony drunk driving, after his SUV slammed into a minivan late Sunday night, critically injuring the woman driving the van.
Michael Moreno was involved in a road rage incident with another vehicle. Following the incident, he chased the other vehicle, then crashed into Gerald Puglise’s motorcycle, killing Puglise.
A southwest suburban woman was charged with aggravated DUI after a man was killed early Saturday when he was struck by a car as he walked on the Far Northwest Side near O’Hare Airport.
A parolee who spent nearly 12 years in prison for triggering a horrific drunken-driving crash that killed a McHenry County mother and her three children is facing new DUI charges.
A West Side man was charged with reckless homicide and DUI, after driving his vehicle into a group of pedestrians, fatally striking a man early Saturday in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
A Highland Park teen pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges she huffed a cleaning product before her car slammed into a family on Labor Day, killing a 5-year-old girl.
The young woman accused of running over and killing a 5-year-old girl in Highland Park on Labor Day has been indicted for reckless homicide and driving under the influence.
Jesus Luna, 51, of Burbank was charged with aggravated DUI for hitting Judith Bramwell, 56.
A Lake County grand jury approved reckless homicide and aggravated DUI charges Wednesday for the Bartlett man accused of being high on cocaine and under the influence of alcohol when he allegedly ran over a 10-year-old boy with his boat.
An off-duty Cook County Sheriff’s deputy was charged Tuesday with aggravated DUI for a fatal crash early Sunday in west suburban Franklin Park.
A 24-year-old Cicero woman has been arrested and charged with DUI and reckless homicide in connection to a fatal rollover crash that occurred in west suburban Riverside last December.
A 36-year-old man has been charged with drunk driving for a crash that killed two children over the weekend in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.
The man responsible for killing a 10-year-old girl in a 1999 drunken-driving crash admitted Monday he drove under the influence again in 2010.
Bond was set at $400,000 on Wednesday for a Blue Island man charged with DUI in a fatal chain-reaction crash with a CTA bus and a beer truck Monday afternoon.
A Chicago man charged with DUI after allegedly crashing into a parked State Police car, killing a civilian keeping warm inside after a crash, was ordered held on $1 million Sunday in DuPage County.
Officials filed charges against a motorist accused of killing a man and hurting an Illinois State Police trooper Saturday in a wreck on the Eisenhower Expressway in west suburban Addison.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5875
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!