An off-duty Chicago Police officer charged in a deadly drunken driving accident wasn’t intoxicated and was only trying to avoid the 13-year-old boy riding his bike on the wrong side of Ashland when the officer struck and killed him, the cop’s attorney said at the first day of his trial Tuesday.
A Michigan man pleaded guilty to drunk driving on Monday in a crash that killed his girlfriend at Balmoral Park Racetrack last April.
A speeding motorist high on marijuana and angel dust dived head-first into a shocked stranger’s car through the driver’s side window, then bizarrely yelled to chasing cops that “the pancakes are on the floor,” authorities say.
A Joliet woman was charged with aggravated DUI after she hit a barrier and struck a bicyclist with her car on the Near West Side after allegedly downing six vodka drinks in two hours, officials said.
A suspected drunken driver who was shot by police early Friday after fleeing officers who found him passed out with a gun in a Jeep on a South Loop street has been charged.
A West Pullman man has been charged with drunk driving in a hit-and-run that killed a 52-year-old woman in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on Tuesday.
A woman had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal driving limit when she crashed her sport-utility vehicle head-on into a car killing two people.
The family of a man killed in an alleged drunken driving crash in January filed a wrongful death lawsuit Wednesday against the driver accused of causing the crash.
A southwest suburban police officer was sentenced to six years in prison Monday for a December 2009 DUI crash that killed a 29-year-old man on the Stevenson Expressway.
A young man from Chicago was sentenced to 10 years in prison Friday, one week after pleading guilty in a fatal drunk-driving crash last June in Wilmette.
A Chicago man has been charged with drunk driving in a hit-and-run that killed another motorist who was waiting for a tow truck while standing on the shoulder of the Stevenson Expressway.
The Gurnee woman accused of attacking a police officer with a sex toy was accepted into a chemical dependency treatment program Friday, according to Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Scott Turk.
A Will County jury has found Cecil Conner Jr. guilty of aggravated driving under the influence in the high-speed crash that led to the death of his girlfriend’s 5-year-old son last spring.
An admittedly drunk driver took the witness stand in his own defense Friday, testifying how a Chicago Heights police officer ordered him behind the wheel before he crashed his girlfriend’s car, killing the 5-year-old boy he called his own.
Bond has been set at $250,000 for a Lynwood village clerk charged with drunk driving in a crash that killed a 32-year-old woman earlier this month.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!