Well, during the suckfest that was Monday’s National Championship—and let us never speak of it again—much ado was made about a comely young lass that ESPN repeatedly showed because it was losing viewers with the rapidity of brain cells during a CBS sitcom.
(WSCR) Even as they were on their way to a national title, there was trouble in paradise for the Crimson Tide. With seven minutes to play in Monday’s National Championship game and the Crimson Tide holding […]
Is Nick Saban worth a look?
There’s no gentle way to put it – Notre Dame was man-handled by Alabama in Monday night’s BCS National Championship game.
With Alabama rolling up the score on Notre Dame, what is ESPN to do to hold viewer interest?
Alabama rolled to its second consecutive BCS championship, and third in four seasons, beating No. 1 Notre Dame 42-14 in a BCS championship game that was no classic after all.
Here are over/unders from The McNeil and Spiegel Show.
It’s finally here – No. 1 Notre Dame will take on No. 2 Alabama in the BCS National Championship game tonight.
Despite what the SEC pundits want you to believe, there are actually holes in the Alabama defense.
It’s safe to say Don Buckhannan will never forget Christmas 2012.
T.J. Yeldon took a swing pass from A.J. McCarron and went 28 yards for a touchdown with 51 seconds remaining, giving top-ranked Alabama a stunning 21-17 victory over No. 5 LSU on a raucous Saturday night in Death Valley.
The surprising Mississippi State Bulldogs believed they were good enough to upset No. 1 Alabama. They couldn’t pull it off, though.
An Alabama man pleaded guilty Tuesday to obscenity charges and faces a two-year prison sentence for rubbing his genitals on an unconscious LSU fan in a Bourbon Street restaurant after the BCS national title game in January.
Nothing says classy like an Alabama-themed wedding, where the Priest(ess?) is dressed in referee gear, right?
I have said it once and I will say it again: If a team doesn’t win their conference championship, they SHOULD NOT be allowed to play for the national championship. I don’t care if Alabama did beat LSU in last seasons’ BCS National Championship game, I still don’t believe that they deserved to be there in the first place.
It’s difficult enough to hire the right basketball coach at Illinois, without choosing to limit the field of candidates beforehand.
Rick Santorum boldly declared Tuesday night that he would win the Republican presidential primary before the convention, but mathematically, Mitt Romney remains the frontrunner, political analyst Stephen Caliendo says.
After the fallout from Monday night’s National Championship game, FOX Sport’s Pete Fiutak has a new plan for the BCS.
A college football playoff is coming, it’s just a matter of what it looks like.
The Honey Badger takes what it wants.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!