Jason Vargas scattered four hits through seven scoreless innings, Erick Aybar and Howie Kendrick each hit two-run doubles, and the Los Angeles Angels coaxed a pair of bases-loaded walks out of Jake Peavy in the fourth inning of a 6-2 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday.
Jeff Keppinger walked with the bases loaded to drive in the go-ahead run — his first base on balls in 141 plate appearances this season — and the Chicago White Sox rallied with three runs in the eighth to beat the Los Angeles Angels 5-4 on Thursday night for their season-high third straight road win.
If you’re fantasy baseball draft hasn’t happened already, it’s going to be happening soon. Here’s a look at the top five players at each position.
Simply put, Mike Trout was the best player in the game in 2012.
The Chicago White Sox left Angel Stadium the same way they arrived – looking for a big hit.
Coming off a three-game sweep of the Mariners in Seattle, here is this week’s White Sox mailbag.
Albert Pujols homered for the second straight day and the Los Angeles Angels played to a 3-all tie with the Chicago Cubs in 10 innings Saturday.
Spring has not been kind to Chris Sale. Perhaps that’s not fair. Maybe the weather, workouts, meals, golf and time with his teammates have all been kind; but the starts have not.
Albert Pujols hit his first two homers for the Angels and Ervin Santana exited after being hit by a line drive in Los Angeles’ 9-7 loss the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.
Danks walked Albert Pujols and Vernon Wells in the first inning and that set up Jorge Cantu’s two-run single Tuesday as the Los Angeles Angels beat the Chicago White Sox 6-2.
Prince Fielder will start making the big bucks right away with the Detroit Tigers.
What you might not be aware of is that due to a little known quirk in his new megabucks contract with L.A., Pujols’ eventual Hall of Fame induction 15 years from now could end up becoming the most awkward Cooperstown event this side of Pete Rose sliding headfirst on the podium in mid-ceremony.
When I first heard that Albert Pujols decided to leave the St. Louis Cardinals in favor of the Los Angeles Angels, my initial reaction was one of relief.
Now that the Albert Pujols domino has fallen, it’s only a matter of time before Prince Fielder’s goes, too.
Albert Pujols’ wife says she and her husband had no intention of leaving St. Louis, but were insulted by a five-year deal the Cardinals offered the slugger, which led to him signing with the Angels.
If you have the money, by golly, spend it. That is pretty much rule number one of General Managing For Dummies.
Albert Pujols is the most feared hitter in baseball and was arguably the biggest free agent to hit the open market since Alex Rodriguez left Seattle for Texas back in 2001.
Albert Pujols will reportedly sign with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The deal is worth between $250-260 million over 10 years and includes a full no trade clause.
Are the Cubs closing in some kind of deals? General Manager Jed Hoyer indicated that they are, “We’ve been real busy talking to teams and agents. It’s been really productive and hopefully that will leads to us getting some players before we leave these meetings”.
A report this morning out of the St. Louis Post Dispatch said that the Cubs have made a qualifying offer to Albert Pujols. The Cubs themselves had “no comment” on the report, but let’s look at this realistically.
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.362
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!