The family of a Northern Illinois University freshman who died in an alcohol-related hazing incident last November filed a lawsuit Thursday in Cook County Circuit Court seeking unspecified damages.
Three Northern Illinois University students, facing felony hazing charges in death of a freshman, went before a judge this afternoon.
Twenty-two members of a fraternity at Northern Illinois University have been charged in connection with the death of a student from excessive drinking during a hazing ritual last month.
Alcohol is being blamed in a weekend crash that killed a 23-year-old woman on the Kennedy Expressway.
For America’s big cities: the people who are supposed to have, need to have, and claim to have all the answers simply don’t have a clue.
A couple from west suburban Naperville have been placed on supervision and fined $1,000 for hosting an after-prom party, in which they allowed alcoholic beverages to be consumed by students of Naperville North High School.
Nineteen people were injured early Tuesday when a sport-utility vehicle crashed into a party bus on the Eisenhower Expressway, near the Illinois Medical District.
Due to staffing shortages, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office has announced that full autopsies will no longer be performed in certain cases in which drugs or alcohol might have led to a person’s death.
A piece of legislation approved by an Illinois State Senate committee would allow Illinois students to take a sip of alcohol – provided that they don’t swallow it.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday he hopes the organizers of the South Side Irish Parade have taken the last three years to think about how to resume the parade, while making sure to avoid the alcohol-fueled mayhem that prompted the Beverly neighborhood to put a stop to the event after 2009.
Amtrak trains briefly went dry in Illinois on Wednesday.
You might say that the New Year starts in earnest today, as just about everyone gets back to work. And it’s almost a sure thing that if you live in Chicago or suburban Cook County, your day-to-dat life will be more expensive.
A junior high school student from Glen Ellyn is suspended, and could be expelled, after bringing chocolate milk spiked with alcohol to school.
A west suburban junior high student has found herself in trouble over what was found in her chocolate milk container last week.
A suspected child molester now faces a new charge, for allegedly making alcohol in his cell at the Kendall County Jail.
With the holidays approaching, more people might be drinking alcohol. How often you drink, impacts your risk of cancer.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle and medical professionals are urging County Board members to approve increases in the alcohol and tobacco taxes when the board meets on Monday.
The Will County coroner has released the results of toxicology tests in the July 29 death of an Oswego woman at the Sybaris pool suite in south suburban Frankfort.
The City of Chicago is continuing its near-20-year battle to shutdown a Goose Island area topless bar.
Blast, a high-alcohol beverage from Pabst Brewing, is a “binge in a can,” Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says. She has asked the drink’s makers to reduce the level of booze.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.298
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.6112
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!