Ald. Brendan Reilly
The Chicago City Council has approved a 20-year deal to place 34 digital billboards on city property along local expressways and tollways.
The City Council’s Budget Committee held its first hearing Tuesday on Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s $8.3 billion budget plan for next year.
The Chicago City Council has overwhelmingly approved an ordinance that expands the operations of food trucks on city streets.
Ald. Brendan Reilly (42nd) has proposed an ordinance that some say could make the already Manhattan-like Magnificent Mile look like Times Square.
Anyone under the age of 18 will soon be banned from getting into tanning beds at Chicago tanning salons.
The union representing frontline library employees is all but rejecting a letter from aldermen Edward Burke (14th) and Brendan Reilly (42nd) asking workers to make a sacrifice to preserve library hours.
Two Chicago aldermen have a proposal to end the dispute over the closing of the city’s public libraries on Mondays.
Stop picking on the liquor industry – that was the message Sunday afternoon at a popular Chicago watering hole.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s 2012 budget has cleared a significant hurdle on its way to an expected full City Council approval next week.
In a second day of city budget hearings at City Hall, aldermen turned their focus to the Emanuel administration’s proposal to increase fees for city vehicle stickers, as City Clerk Susana Mendoza urged them to go after sticker scofflaws instead.
City budget hearings got underway Wednesday morning at City Hall, as aldermen questioned Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s budget team about the spending plan for 2012.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday that he’s going one step further in keeping his campaign promise to get rid of the $4-a-month employee head tax that is despised by Chicago businesses.
Chicago is boosting its bike-friendly reputation by giving riders more protection.
If you like to enjoy a meal or a cocktail in the late summer night breeze, you’ll no longer be limited to your own backyard or rooftop.
The Chicago City Council’s Zoning Committee today could clear the way for restaurants and urban farmers to turn rooftop vegetables into a profitable enterprise.
Here in Chicago, shoplifting arrests of juveniles have jumped in the police district that includes the Magnificent Mile — even though retail-theft arrests as a whole have fallen slightly.
Another planned Wal-Mart store in the city is meeting with opposition, this time reportedly from the local alderman.
A day after a new rule about cleaning up horse urine dominated the headlines, a new report says Ald. Brendan Reilly (42nd) would rather just have horse-drawn carriages in parks.
A new regulation takes effect in Chicago today, which critics say might hold up traffic in the Gold Coast and on the Magnificent Mile on account of horse carriages.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!