Ald. Sandi Jackson
South Side Ald. Sandi Jackson’s resignation takes effect on Tuesday.
A month after denying rumors she planned to step down, Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th) has submitted a resignation letter to the mayor’s office, effective Tuesday, citing the need to focus on “very painful family health matters.”
Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th) was back at City Hall on Tuesday, making her first public appearance since her husband, Jesse Jackson Jr., resigned from Congress last month. The alderman shot down rumors she’s planning to resign, and also insisted she’s not planning to run for her husband’s empty seat on Capitol Hill.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel suggested Wednesday that people shouldn’t be too hard on Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th), who’s been a no-show at the City Council in recent weeks, while her husband, former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., has been dealing with serious legal and medical problems.
As Congress returned from its Thanksgiving break on Tuesday, Jesse Jackson Jr.’s resignation from Illinois’ 2nd Congressional District was made official on Tuesday.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr’s wife, Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th), was in Washington, D.C., when her husband’s letter of resignation was delivered this afternoon. As CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, according to multiple sources, there’s a good possibility Ald. Jackson might not have known her husband was submitting his resignation today.
Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th) — who reportedly is under investigation for possible improper campaign finance activities along with her husband, Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. – did not show up for the City Council’s final budget vote on Thursday, two days after the congressman was released from the Mayo Clinic.
A day after Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. left his second stint at the Mayo Clinic, a source close to the Jackson family said the congressman was still in Rochester, Minn., in an effort to avoid the spotlight.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was released from the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota on Tuesday, after a second stint there to be treated for bipolar disorder.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. hasn’t been on the campaign trail for months, as he’s kept out of the public eye while being treated for bipolar disorder, but he’s certainly been spending his campaign cash, and lots of it.
Better Government Association president Andy Shaw says U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson (D-Ill.) owes the public more answers than he has provided.
The issue of a proposed third Chicago area airport near Peotone made for a few amusingly uncomfortable moments between Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th), whose Congressman husband is a big backer of the project.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. was out doing something Monday morning that he hasn’t had to do in eight years – campaigning against a Democratic opponent in his bid for re-election.
A long-vacant site on the South Lakefront will be the site of a concert by the Dave Matthews Band this summer, and eventually, a brand new city neighborhood.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!