Ald. Tom Tunney
The City of Chicago has rolled out a new Web site with thousands of restaurant inspection results online.
Failing to shovel your walkway this winter could be a costly mistake.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday that he’s going one step further in keeping his campaign promise to get rid of the $4-a-month employee head tax that is despised by Chicago businesses.
The Cubs are 22 games out of first place, with 19 games left in the season, but there may be baseball at Wrigley Field in October.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) has said the two residential hotels now in the process of closing in Lakeview are in “dangerous and deplorable” condition, but his staff wants to make sure everyone finds new housing.
In the wake of a rash of safety concerns on the sizzling Boystown strip of North Halsted Street, Ald. Tom Tunney has instituted late-night parking bans during the weekend.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) is seeking regulations for pedicabs, including a fee, an inspection requirement and certain restrictions.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) has begun a new effort to do away with the city’s employee head tax, which affects business owners.
Paul McCartney has not announced official plans for a concert at Wrigley Field this summer, but the Cubs are already nailing down the dates.
The organizer of the Facebook group dedicated to stopping a planned Wal-Mart store in East Lakeview took the group offline over the weekend, saying continuing the fight now is a “waste of time.”
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel has formally announced his agreement with the planned reorganization of the Chicago City Council.
A community group on Monday evening voted overwhelmingly against a plan by Wal-Mart to move into the East Lakeview neighborhood.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) says he wants to see some revisions to the plan for a Wal-Mart store in the East Lakeview neighborhood, while community activists still hope to keep the store out altogether.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) said Monday night that he hopes a full-service grocery store will be part of a new plan for the long-vacant lot in East Lakeview where a new Dominick’s was supposed to be built.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) and representatives of a real estate group said last night that they have met with Wal-Mart about a possible new store in East Lakeview.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In FloridaIt's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said Sunday.129
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!