The Council’s Human Relations Committee wants to encourage athletes to be comfortable acknowledging their sexual orientation, as the NBA’s Jason Collins has.
The Chicago City Council has approved higher taxes for most people who park in downtown lots, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
A Chicago Heights alderman is facing battery charges after allegedly breaking a co-worker’s thumb in February during an argument at a Chicago Heights School District 170 warehouse, police said.
Former alderman and convicted felon Wallace Davis Jr. was sentenced to 30 months probation Friday and ordered to pay over $100,000 in child support after he admitted he was deadbeat dad to his two young daughters.
Highwood Ald. Harvey Knapp is from Britain. He was appointed to the city council five months ago to fill a vacancy. At the time, neither he nor Highwood’s mayor realized state law requires municipal officials to be citizens.
It’s been a long and busy day for the Chicago City Council, including action on issues of gun control and ethics, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore from City Hall.
A onetime Illinois Department of Transportation employee has been chosen by Mayor Rahm Emanuel to replace Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th).
Mayor Emanuel is appointing a commission with people from the South Shore community to submit a list of three finalists for him to consider.
Chicago Ald. Ed Burke has proposed a citywide ban of energy drinks, citing potential health risks with the highly caffeinated beverages.
Hoosiers can’t say the city of Chicago never gave them anything. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Longtime alderman Dick Mell is planning to retire and wants his daughter to succeed him, according to a published report.
The Alderman has the highest absentee rate in the council and has recently missed the all important annual budget meeting.
Police followed two would-be tree grate thieves to a recycling center on the West Side, where they found hundreds of city-owned tree and sewer grates, worth thousands of dollars.
A West Garfield Park neighborhood man apparently believed he looked enough like an alderman – or that enough people had no clue what the alderman in question looked like – to go around impersonating the city lawmaker.
Former alderman and political powerbroker Edward Vrdolyak is completely free, after being released from home imprisonment three months ahead of time.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is trying to stay out of the very contentious talks among aldermen about redrawing the City of Chicago’s ward boundaries.
Former Chicago alderman and political powerbroker Edward Vrdolyak will be released from prison Thursday.
Community activists in the Back of the Yards neighborhood says they’re not asking for much. They want one alderman.
Nothing could dampen Ald. Ameya Pawar’s enthusiasm over his first city council meeting –not even his inability to get into his City Hall office because it wasn’t quite ready.
It was certainly no ordinary Chicago City Council meeting on Wednesday.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!