Five aldermen led by the 2nd Ward’s Robert Fioretti point out that the Taste Of Chicago’s attendance has been dropping and lost more than $1 million last year and hasn’t been profitable since 2008.
Newsradio spoke with one of the physicians who tried to save 6-month-old Jonylah Watkins in her final hours.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel suggested he was not all that concerned that aldermen had balked at his proposed ethics reforms for the City Council.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said he’s willing to listen to aldermen’s suggestions as they pore over his proposed budget, but there are some ideas the mayor said will generate an instant “no.”
The head of a government watchdog group says Chicago aldermen and others aren’t doing enough to help end the city’s growing pension crisis.
As contract talks resumed between striking Chicago Public School teachers and the Chicago Public Schools, disappointed aldermen were hoping the teachers’ strike would be a brief one.
The Better Government Association is denouncing the latest examples of alleged government pension manipulation, uncovered by a Chicago Tribune investigation.
Experts on both sides of a proposal to impose an extra tax on soft drinks and other sugary beverages poured out their arguments for the City Council’s Health Committee on Tuesday.
Now that his controversial construction financing plans have passed the City Council, Mayor Rahm Emanuel says he does not mind if the aldermen make a couple more changes.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has called a special City Council meeting for Thursday for consideration of a new map of the city’s 50 wards.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is still publicly keeping clear of the fight among Chicago aldermen to redraw ward boundaries.
In the feud over the Chicago ward remap, a familiar, but oft-dismissed push to cut the City Council in half is resurfacing.
The Chicago City Council has voted unanimously to adopt Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s first budget, which both he and many aldermen said represented a compromise on a number of tough issues in its final form.
Just one more day remains before the City Council votes on Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s first budget proposal.
New concerns have erupted Wednesday morning over Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s planned congestion premium – the extra $2 tax at downtown parking lots and garages suggested as part of his budget plan.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel was experiencing a first on Wednesday – pushback from a majority of Chicago aldermen. It’s all over his budget plan for 2012.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy was on the hot seat at City Hall on Thursday, as aldermen demanded to know why he plans to close police stations and how he’s deploying police officers.
City budget hearings got underway Wednesday morning at City Hall, as aldermen questioned Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s budget team about the spending plan for 2012.
A group of Chicago aldermen, along with the Chicago Teachers Union and some community groups, rallied at City Hall Tuesday to push a move to allocate surplus TIF money to go back into the budget.
The Chicago Teachers Union is taking its case against a longer school day directly to the City Council.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.687
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!