Alex Smith is headed to Kansas City, the first major acquisition by the Chiefs since Andy Reid took over as coach.
After being sidelined with a concussion earlier in the season, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith is handling an uncomfortable situation well, saying he is ready to back up Colin Kaepernick in the Super Bowl.
Colin Kaepernick passed for 243 yards and two touchdowns in his first career start in place of the injured Alex Smith, and the San Francisco 49ers whipped the Chicago Bears 32-7 on Monday night in a highly touted NFC showdown that hardly lived up to the hype.
As expected, Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery is active Monday night against the 49ers after missing four straight games with a hand injury.
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will not play Monday night against the Chicago Bears, ESPN in reporting
Check out 670 The Score’s Laurence Holmes as he gives you his “What To Watch For” in the video below!
Here are Jeff Joniak’s “Keys to the Game” for the Bears as they travel to San Francisco to take on the 49ers on Monday Night.
The Bears will be without starting quarterback Jay Cutler Monday in San Francisco, but it remains to be seen whether or not 49ers starting quarterback Alex Smith will give it a go.
As the Bears travel to San Francisco in a key NFC matchup on Monday night, analyst Tom Thayer has a message about the 6-2-1 49ers.
The 49ers don’t lead the league in rushing by accident, it’s by design. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman has devised the most diverse running scheme in the NFL, dusting off old running concepts and putting a modern spin on them.
As Cutler attempts to come back from a concussion suffered in Sunday’s loss to the Texans, one Bears expert said the team needs to prepare as if back-up quarterback Jason Campbell will be the starter.
This game will come down to field position and turnovers. Even if these teams aren’t at full strength on Monday night, we could see them meet again in the NFC Championship game.
And here I thought we had turned a corner in our understanding of the seriousness of brain injury, especially in what had appeared to be a newly enlightened – and legally threatened – NFL.
Lawrence Tynes kicked a winning 31-yard field goal in sudden-death overtime and New York beat the San Francisco 49ers 20-17 in the NFC championship game Sunday night to reach its second Super Bowl in five seasons.
Alex Smith completed a 14-yard touchdown pass to Vernon Davis with 9 seconds left just after Drew Brees had put the high-powered Saints ahead, and the resurgent San Francisco 49ers capitalized on five New Orleans turnovers for a thrilling 36-32 playoff victory Saturday.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!