Former Bears quarterback Jim McMahon is being investigated by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. for bad loans handed out by Broadway Bank.
Gov. Pat Quinn on Wednesday appointed former state treasurer Alexi Giannoulias to serve as chairman of the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB), a non-paid, voluntary 11-member board, which governs the state’s 48 community colleges.
Anyone wondering about the future of Alexi Giannoulias, after he lost his U.S. Senate race last year now has an answer.
Federal investigators say the issuance of too many real estate loans was the cause of the demise of Broadway Bank.
Alexi Giannoulias says contrary to reports that surfaced Friday morning, he is not running for mayor.
Could failed U.S. Senate candidate Alexi Giannoulias be getting into the mayoral race to go up against Rahm Emanuel?
Senator-elect Mark Kirk thanked voters as they exited their trains at the Ogilvie Transportation Center.
Republican Mark Kirk has won the race for the U.S. Senate seat, according to the Associated Press.
Early results in the U.S. Senate race offer some good news for Democrat Alexi Giannoulias.
Democrat Alexi Giannoulias and Republican Mark Kirk are battling for the U.S. Senate seat that President Barack Obama used to hold.
Illinoisans could be up late Tuesday night watching the results of the race to open the U.S. Senate seat once held by President Barack Obama.
The race to fill President Barack Obama’s old Senate seat is a toss-up just one day before the election. Candidates Alexi Giannoulias and Mark Kirk are campaigning until the very end. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
The races for governor and the U.S. Senate are going down to the wire Monday, as candidates from both sides make the most of their last day to campaign.
Democrats were out early Saturday trying to fire up voters before President Barack Obama’s Chicago rally.
Civility is a thing of the past in the race for President Barack Obama’s former U.S. Senate seat.
Former President Bill Clinton was in Chicago to attend a major Democratic rally.
President Bill Clinton is coming to town this windy Tuesday morning to give Democrats a boost in tight races for U.S. Senate and governor.
A new poll indicates that Republican Mark Kirk has opened up a small lead the U.S. Senate race, but it remains too close to call.
Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alexi Giannoulias is accusing Republican opponent Mark Kirk of “economic treason” as the two sides skirmish over a small fundraiser in the race for President Barack Obama’s old Senate seat.
The Chicago Defender newspaper has endorsed Pat Quinn for governor and Alexi Giannoulias for U.S. Senator, among several other Democratic candidates for the Nov. 2 election.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!