On Saturday afternoon, Chicago Cubs manager Dale Sveum said he was planning on relaxing any pitch count restrictions he had for Jeff Samardzija in that night’s game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Angel Pagan hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the ninth inning and the NL West-leading San Francisco Giants closed out a successful road trip with a 7-5 win over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Jeff Bianchi hit a three-run shot for his first big league homer, leading the Milwaukee Brewers to a 4-1 win over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.
Marco Estrada allowed two hits in six solid innings to win for the first time in almost a year, leading the Milwaukee Brewers over the Chicago Cubs 5-2 Tuesday night.
Xavier Paul led off the ninth inning with a pinch-hit triple and Ryan Hanigan followed with a single Sunday, giving the Cincinnati Reds a 5-4 win over the Chicago Cubs.
Johnny Cueto remained masterful under the sun and Todd Frazier hit the go-ahead home run for the second straight game, leading the Cincinnati Reds over the Chicago Cubs 5-3 Saturday in the opener of a day-night doubleheader.
Alfonso Soriano is not Todd Hundley flipping the bird to the home crowd and being one of the bigger busts in Cubs history. He’s not Jeff Blauser, the priciest bench player the team ever had.
Alfonso Soriano hit a go-ahead homer in the eighth inning and the Cubs snapped an eight-game losing streak with a 5-3 win over the slumping Cincinnati Reds on a rain-soaked Thursday night.
It seems like the Chicago Cubs can do nothing right. Despite a solid pitching performance from Jeff Samardzija, the Cubs failed to solve Clayton Richard and managed just five hits in a 2-0 loss to the San Diego Padres on Wednesday.
Joe Mather was playing at Dodger Stadium for the first time in his career, and his timing couldn’t have been worse — in more ways than one.
Kevin Correia, in jeopardy of losing his spot in Pittsburgh’s crowded starting rotation, pitched six effective innings Wednesday and Garrett Jones hit a tiebreaking double to lead the Pirates to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Cubs.
Paul Maholm pitched eight strong innings Tuesday night to win his fifth straight start and lead the Chicago Cubs over the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-1.
The aging outfielder has become an expensive liability in the field, yet at the plate, he still has some value. One baseball expert thinks Soriano could find a home in the American League.
Ryan Dempster tied the Cubs’ record with a 33-inning scoreless streak, pitching six solid frames and leading Chicago over the Arizona Diamondbacks 4-1 on Saturday.
After four days off and then a nearly four-hour rain delay, Alfonso Soriano came out swinging.
The former Bears head coach bought a Gold Coast condo in May for $930,000.
Ryan Dempster is too busy watching “Swamp People” to see the stories about him being possible trade bait. He’s pitching too well, though, to know that he might be in another uniform by the end of the month.
Paul Maholm pitched into the ninth inning to earn his first win in seven weeks and the Chicago Cubs hit three homers in a 4-0 victory over the Houston Astros on Friday.
Wade Miley outpitched Matt Garza in eight strong innings, Justin Upton had three RBIs and the Arizona Diamondbacks completed a three-game sweep with a 5-1 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
David DeJesus and Starlin Castro, the top two players in the Chicago Cubs’ batting order, had four hits apiece on Saturday night. And neither table-setter scored.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!