CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Allergic Reaction

Ethan Maidl suffered a severe allergic reaction to over-the-counter ibuprofen and acetaminophen when he was 7 years old. His eyes were scarred by Stevens Johnson Syndrome, and his skin began falling off. (Credit: CBS)

Over-The-Counter Meds Prompt Dangerous Allergic Reaction For Local Boy

It can cause blindness and make skin all over your body fall off, and doctors say it’s an illness that can be triggered by taking something as simple as ibuprofen or acetaminophen. It’s called Stevens Johnson Syndrome.

CBS 2–07/31/2012

Honeybee

Allergic Reaction Killed Man In Bee Attack

Authorities have ruled that a Roselle man who was attacked by bees in September died of an allergic reaction from the stings.

CBS Chicago–11/07/2011

File Photo (Joe Raedle/ Getty Images)

Lawsuit After Girl Dies From Peanuts In Chinese Food

The family of a Chicago Public Schools student, who died last year after suffering an allergic reaction to peanuts at her school, has sued the Chinese restaurant that supplied the food.

CBS Chicago–03/17/2011