Mandatory minicamp kicks off for the Bears today, yet another sign that football is right around the corner. This is the first in a two-part series, taking a look at the Bears roster by position group. Offense is up first.
While the Bears’ offense won’t try to tell you it had a great performance Sunday at Ford Field in a 26-24 win over the Lions, there was one encouraging sign:
Here are my grades following the Bears’ 26-24 win over the Lions Sunday at Ford Field:
I give you the 10 worst things about Chicago sports in 2012. Bask in the suck.
Despite those holding out for an inspired, season-saving turn at home against their overly-professed enemy, we got a wholly recognizable, ordinary performance and an entirely probable outcome.
The Green Bay Packers clinched their second straight NFC North title.
Adam Hoge grades the Bears following the their fourth loss in their last five games.
Adrian Peterson rushed for 154 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Vikings to a win over the Bears.
As expected, Jay Cutler is starting at quarterback for the Bears and Percy Harvin is out for the Vikings with an ankle injury.
As expected, Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery is active Monday night against the 49ers after missing four straight games with a hand injury.
Evan Rodriguez is getting healthier and offensive coordinator Mike Tice hinted that Rodriguez could see more playing time and might even get involved in the passing game.
Jay Cutler did not practice Thursday, increasing the doubt about whether or not he’ll be able to play when the Bears take on the 49ers Monday in San Francisco.
Both the Houston Texans and Chicago Bears will be missing key receiving targets Sunday night, but the Texans’ loss is certainly more significant.
If you’ve been watching the Bears this year, you know they can get better.
With Alshon Jeffery on the sidelines with a broken hand, Mac is worried he might get out of shape.
Injured Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery won’t play Sunday against the Tennessee Titans, but he could return the following week against the Houston Texans.
The following players are inactive for the Sunday afternoon’s game between the Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers.
Lovie Smith expects his Bears to be refreshed and ready to go against the Lions after coming off their bye this weekend, and he thinks wide receiver Earl Bennett will “move right in” to fill the void left by the injured Alshon Jeffery.
An explosive offense to match a dominant defense? This team could be scary if the offense continues to progress.
The Bears are down a man, going into their bye week.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!