While Rodriguez didn’t show up on the stat sheet this past Sunday – the one screen pass attempt to him fell incomplete – he made several key blocks that resulted in first downs and points for the Bears on Sunday. Using NFL Game Rewind, I break down a few of these key plays in my playbook.
Time offers the opportunity for perspective, so I thought it would be a good idea to wait each week to give my thoughts on the Bears game.
After the team’s 41-21 victory over the Colts, it’s clear the offensive lived up to the hype.
The start of the 2012 Bears season was nothing short of a disaster. Fortunately, that disaster only lasted a few minutes.
A 41-21 opening win is in the books, and nothing happened to derail the story going in — that Cutler with new weapons and new coaches could carry an aging defense to great places.
In the Bears preseason win over the Redskins on Saturday, the team was seemingly running on all cylinders. That is, of course, with the exception of the safeties.
After last week’s dismal preseason debut against the Broncos, Jay Cutler knew exactly how to alleviate the over-hyped concern that lingered the last 10 days.
Here’s something you may have never thought you’d hear: The Bears wide receivers were a strong point in training camp.
Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher had arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday morning and is status for the season opener Sept. 9 against the Colts is uncertain.
With a big crowd on hand at Ward Field and a light mist falling at Monday night’s practice, things were bound to get a little chippy.
Unlike many NFL wide receivers, Alshon Jeffrey doesn’t say much. Instead, he let’s play on the field do the talking.
While Bears general manager Phil Emery won’t come out and say his goals are championship or bust for the 2012 season, he knows that’s exactly what the Bears are capable of.
Now that you’ve gotten your first look at the 2012 Bears, it’s time to review their first preseason game against the Broncos.
Head coach Lovie Smith didn’t bother to sugarcoat it: “We didn’t play as well as a I thought we would tonight.”
Jeffrey has impressed the elder Marshall so far in camp, but that’s not how it was earlier this summer when the rookie struggled through OTAs and mini-camp.
It’s tough to criticize the work new Bears general manager Phil Emery has done in his first few months with the team.
As Bears mini-camp got underway in Lake Forest Tuesday afternoon, Brian Urlacher was once again on the sideline wearing a hat, not a helmet.
The Bears were back at it Wednesday in the middle of their second week of OTAs. Here are some thoughts and observations straight from my notebook.
Thoughts and observations straight from the notebook as the Bears participated in OTAs Wednesday in Lake Forest.
Rookie tight end Evan Rodriguez became the second draft pick to sign with the Bears Tuesday, agreeing to terms on a four-year contract.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!