A person has been taken into custody for questioning in the kidnapping and murder of an elderly woman who was found shot to death in the parking garage of the Majestic Star Casino in Gary last month.
Four men attempted to rob a south suburban bank on Monday morning but left empty-handed, according to the FBI.
Two people were critically injured Saturday morning when the car they were in struck a semi in south suburban Alsip.
A Chicago area-based charity that puts shoes on bare feet in developing countries is scrambling to find new warehouse space within the next few days.
A 5-year-old boy with a serious heart condition is awaiting a reunion with his mother in the southwest suburbs, while the boy’s father and grandmother stand charged with kidnapping him from a St. Louis hospital.
The man entered the TCF Bank branch at 12001 S. Pulaski Rd. at 11:41 p.m. and handed a teller a note implying he had a weapon and demanding money.
A new memorial will be up sometime this year at the historic Burr Oak Cemetery, three years after a gruesome scandal in which bodies were dug up and plots were resold.
Two people have been arrested for a suburban home invasion with ties to furniture delivery.
The alleged ringleader of the grave reselling scandal at Burr Oak Cemetery reported to prison on Monday to begin serving a 12-year sentence.
Four cheerleaders who reported feeling ill during a practice at a south suburban elementary school were hospitalized Wednesday night.
Police in the southern suburbs were out in force this morning, serving arrest warrants.
An Alsip teenager who recently graduated from eighth grade died Tuesday in a car accident in Mexico, a school official told the SouthtownStar.
The former director of Burr Oak cemetery has pleaded guilty to charges that she profited from the headline-grabbing scheme that involved digging up human remains from graves for resale, and dumping the remains.
Alsip police will be helping out a local church at a giveaway that is sure to bring out the masses.
A south suburban man and woman have been charged with the slaying of pregnant Alsip teenager Rosemary Newman, whose body was found in a Cook County forest preserve.
A person of interest is in custody as police continue to investigate the death of a pregnant 18-year-old south suburban woman found strangled in a forest preserve on Sunday.
A pregnant woman found strangled in a forest preserve on Sunday was confirmed as a missing 18-year-old woman.
Tough cemetery regulations imposed last year after the Burr Oak scandal have proved burdensome for many Illinois cemeteries, leading lawmakers to consider rolling them back.
A 46-year-old man who sold 22 identical aluminum panels to a scrap metal yard in Alsip has been charged with a series of metal thefts in the southwestern suburbs.
An early morning fire in an unoccupied home has been deemed suspicious by fire officials.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!