An 11-year-old girl was critically injured when she was struck by a vehicle Sunday in the Altgeld Gardens neighborhood.
Foreclosures and homelessness are big issues in Chicago, but the Chicago Housing Authority has approved plans to tear down hundreds of units at its Altgeld Gardens housing complex on the Far South Side.
The shooting occurred shortly after 7 p.m. on the 600 block of East 133rd Street. Police indicated that the gunman fired into a crowd of children, striking the girl.
A man who was alleged to have fired a gun on a Bridgeport neighborhood street late Saturday was apprehended by police not long afterward, but not before he led police on a pursuit that stretched more than 16 miles south, ending after he abandoned his car in the Far South Side Altgeld Gardens area.
A woman and teenage boy were wounded in the Altgeld Gardens neighborhood Wednesday evening on the Far South Side.
At least 20 people, including a 10-year-girl, a 16-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy, have been wounded in shootings throughout the city since Friday evening.
Three men were ordered held without bond Saturday, charged in a Wednesday shootout that left four people dead in a Far South Side Altgeld Gardens store.
Three people are being held by police in connection with a shootout this week at a store near the Altgeld Gardens public housing complex on the Far South Side.
A security guard tried to defend a store near the Altgeld Gardens public housing development from several men who walked in and started shooting Wednesday night, but he was outgunned.
Police have issued an alert for an elderly man who went missing on Monday in the Altgeld Gardens neighborhood.
A man was shot and killed during a fight Sunday night in the Far South Side Altgeld Gardens neighborhood, police said.
A man was injured Friday afternoon in a fire at a home on the Far South Side.
A 17-year old girl stole money from a church office, while her accomplice robbed a church employee, earlier this month in the on the Far South Side, police said.
A man has died after being shot in the head in the Altgeld Gardens public housing development.
Police opened fire at a man in the Altgeld Gardens public housing development overnight, after he allegedly pointed a gun they say he was ready to use.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!