American Red Cross
The American Red Cross has opened 12 sites in eight counties to distribute 5,000 cleanup kits to people with water damage from the recent flooding.
Disasters like this week’s flooding bring out armies of volunteers to help those in need in the affected areas, doing what they can to bring a measure of comfort to the victims in a time of crisis.
The American Red Cross has opened seven shelters to provide relief for nearly 200 people who were forced from their homes this week by flooding in Cook, DuPage, Lake, and DeKalb counties.
The American Red Cross is making home visits in the Roseland neighborhood Friday and Saturday, talking to homeowners about fire prevention and providing them with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers.
Take it from a reporter who’s crabby all the time, or much of the time. Take it from me, that something wonderful has just happened in Chicago: hundreds of people called the Red Cross today to offer help to ease the suffering of Hurricane Sandy.
Is there a secret plan to evacuate some residents of Chicago in the event of major trouble during the NATO Summit next month? CBS 2 has uncovered some evidence that there is. It comes from the Milwaukee area branch of the American Red Cross.
Two people were rescued from the third floor balcony of a West Chicago apartment building Sunday night, after they became trapped during a fire.
The American Red Cross is beginning a campaign to bring attention to the frequency of house fires in the United States, and to drive up donations during Red Cross Month.
The American Red Cross, experiencing its lowest supply of blood donations in a decade because of severe winter weather, is urging anyone who can give blood to do so.
The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago is looking for a few good men and women.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!