Two weeks after releasing him, the Bears have re-signed defensive tackle Amobi Okoye to a one-year contract.
The Bears have released defensive tackle Amobi Okoye and signed guard Andre Gurode, the team announced Tuesday.
The stat line Bears second-year defensive tackle Stephen Paea put up against the Rams – 1 solo, .5 sacks, 1 tackle for loss, 1 quarterback hit – doesn’t accurately convey just how dominant he was. Paea was powerful, tenacious, relentless, showed tremendous hustle, and owned his gap all game.
If that was the “get well” game many expected for the Bears, we can conclude that the patient is still in need of observation.
Bears’ inactives include wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher, defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, safety Jeremy Jones, guard Edwin Williams and defensive end Cheta Ozougwu.
The Bears have brought back defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, and waived defensive tackle Brian Price.
The Bears surpised the NFL Saturday when they chose to kick from the 30-yard line on two kickoffs in the first half.
Preseason games are about opportunity. When given the chance, can you catch the coaches’ eyes? Saturday night a few Bears players made a good impression and increased the level of competition.
If it’s Tuesday, that means it’s time for another Bears mailbag. It’s nice to have actual football to discuss, so let’s go…
Running back Marion Barber and defensive tackle Amobi Okoye are the latest additions to the Bears, as both players agreed to contracts with the team Saturday.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!