Commuters should notice some improvement in air quality as they board Metra and Amtrak trains at Union Station.
Amtrak had a Thanksgiving present for its riders between Chicago and St. Louis — faster train schedules.
Holiday travel is difficult no matter where you’re from. Everyone is trying to get home to see their loved ones as fast as possible and generally traveling with more luggage than usual as they’re all bearing gifts. Chicagoans have a further cross to bear being a hub city and a centralized urban area. Here are a few tips to make your holiday trip less hectic.
Amtrak continues to make strides toward restoring full service linking Chicago and the East Coast, but a spokesman said it is being done incrementally.
Amtrak is working to restore service between Chicago and its terminals in Washington and New York.
An Amtrak passenger train that left the tracks near Niles, Mich., Sunday was reportedly switched to the wrong track.
Amtrak says the City of New Orleans passenger train will pull into its namesake city this coming Tuesday, the first time since late August.
The engine of an Amtrak passenger train caught fire Wednesday south of Union Station.
Emergency crews put out a fire underneath an Amtrak passenger train on the city’s Far South Side Tuesday evening.
Thousands of people jammed Chicago Union Station Saturday — but not because they needed to go somewhere. It was the fifth annual National Train Day. Many, such as 12-year-old Kevin Mack, were self-described “railfans” or “train geeks.”
A freight train derailment in Indiana caused some travel trouble for people headed to Chicago on Tuesday.
U.S. Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) is warning of serious transit troubles for the city on the horizon.
High-speed rail service has arrived in Chicago.
Amtrak has filed an official complaint against Canadian National railway for regular delays on the route from Chicago to New Orleans.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin said Monday he hopes the owner of the Old Post Office building is going to make good on his word to help vent harmful exhaust fumes from Union Station, located just below the building.
Amtrak trains briefly went dry in Illinois on Wednesday.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says a plan to cut Amtrak funding by 60 percent and block the rail line from using federal money for state-supported routes would hurt the state.
The Chicago economy is getting a bit of good news Monday morning, as the huge Englewood Flyover railroad project stands to bring hundreds of jobs.
CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot talks with train passengers about enhanced security at stations as the Sept. 11 anniversary nears.
Amtrak has enhanced its security ahead of the 9/11 anniversary and officials say that, over the past decade, they’ve transformed their police force from a unit that largely responds to crime to one that anticipates it.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!