Going on a road trip this summer? Entertain yourself and the kids with these fun car games along the way.
Planning a road trip this summer? Here are some helpful tips to get your family there happy and in one piece.
Mother’s Day is all about breakfast in bed, handmade gifts and fresh flowers. But how did this holiday get its start?
Spring means spring housecleaning. Here are 10 steps to a clean and ecofriendly home. Mother Nature would be proud.
Chicago’s North Michigan Avenue is the place to shop ‘til you drop. From high-end boutiques to funky fashion hotspots, there’s a shop to satisfy everyone. Even kids will find a shop or two that meets their wildest shopping dreams. Here are my top seven picks for fun and kid-friendly shops on the Magnificent Mile.
Easter calls for a festive brunch complete with colorful eggs and all the sweet treats of the season. Brunch options abound in Chicago, but here are my suggestions for unique brunch offerings this upcoming Easter.
Nestled in the expanse of green that is our beloved Lincoln Park, the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum strives to create a connection between people and nature. Geared towards families, this hands-on museum offers a wide range of fun, interactive exhibits and educational programming for children and adults of all ages. This is one of our family’s favorite museums – there is always something to delight both my kids, ages 2 and 10.
The Adler Planetarium, the first ever planetarium built in the U.S., has been wowing visitors with its unique take on space science education since 1930. Located on Chicago’s Northerly Island, it’s part of the Museum Campus together with the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum of Natural History. From the Big Bang to the stars over Chicago, the Adler will take you on a trip beyond our galaxy without having to don a cumbersome space suit…
Set out on a Valentine’s Day themed tour de chocolat in Chicago! Just don’t get a tummy ache…
You don’t have to feel stuck in the cold city this winter. Visit the tropics without having to catch a flight. These four Chicago spots are the perfect tropical pick-me-ups: uninterrupted, stress-free family time with a side order of sliders, palm trees and butterflies.
Every year, there’s a host of holiday events vying for your attention. Which ones can you NOT miss?
You don’t have to stray far from home to travel around the world this Christmas. Take a trip around the globe right here via the vibrant and diverse museums and neighborhoods of Chicago.
The Lincoln Park Conservatory is the perfect place to escape from the winter weather. Take off your coat, hat, mittens and scarf and soak up the sunshine as it passes through the glass-paned rooftop of this botanical garden and conservatory. Give your dry nasal passages a break and breathe in the tropical moisture that emanates from the lush foliage. It’s a tropical vacation in the city.
Thanksgiving weekend in Chicago has more to offer than turkey and fixings. Just say no to the craziness that is Black Friday shopping and try something new this long weekend. Usher in the holiday season by taking part in these fun and festive Thanksgiving happenings.
Moms and Dads know Navy Pier’s a fabulous way to spend the day, but they also know that Navy Pier tends to empty your wallet. Here are some tips for a fun, affordable day at Navy Pier.
Having visitors in town gives us Chicagoans a chance to see our beloved city with new eyes. When was the last time you marveled at the Sears – ahem – Willis Tower? When did you last catch some live Chicago Blues? Show off the best of Chicago and have a blast seeing things from a visitor’s perspective.
It’s that time of year… apple picking! Taste the season by stopping at one of the plentiful area orchards for a pick-your-own adventure. Just imagine all the pies and dumplings you can make with your sweet haul!
Nothing says October better than a brat and a beer on an Indian summer day. Spend an autumn afternoon exploring the historically German-American neighborhood of Lincoln Square and celebrate Oktoberfest with music, kids’ activities (Kinderfest), and, of course, homemade brats and kegs of beer.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!