The seriously good Italian-influenced menu at Ceres’ Table is worth a trip to Ravenswood (for the pumpkin ravioli alone!), and the cocktail menu is stacked with well-made drinks. One of their winter drinks, Ceres’ Holiday Eggnog, is a treat even after the holidays are over…
The images in “Crime Unseen,” the Museum of Contemporary Photography’s latest show, are lurid, dark, and incredibly captivating. Each of the photographers takes pictures of crime scenes, well after the crime has occurred…
When your requirements for brunch are seriously good cocktails, dishes beyond eggs and pancakes, and football on TV, The Southern’s brunch delivers. The Wicker Park restaurant, which serves up, yes, Southern-tinged dishes, offers a well-edited menu of entrees and sides both weekend days.
There aren’t enough hours in the day to check out every noteworthy event in Chicago. Check out this quick guide to our five can’t-miss arts picks for January.
At the Trump Hotel’s Rebar, inventive sushi rolls and tasty cocktails go hand in hand. At a recent tasting of the new menus, Manager Michael Koury served Le Poire Haute, an elegant blend of pear vodka, amaretto, and pear puree, which you can easily shake up at home to serve at holiday parties.
The Museum of Contemporary Art recently overhauled its 10-year-old 12 x 12: New Artists/New Work program, transforming the idea into Chicago Works, which will feature art by notable local artists. Kicking off the promising new series is Scott Reeder, a professor of painting and drawing at the School of the Art Institute…
You walk among Chicago’s iconic buildings each day, but how much do you know about their history? Bertrand Goldberg: Architecture of Invention, on view at the Art Institute of Chicago through January 15, offers background on some of our most notable buildings as well as an overview of the distinguished architect’s career.
With new restaurants opening seemingly every day, how are you supposed to keep track of them all? We’ve rounded up some of the most notable Chicago openings of the past few months so you can better focus your dining energies.
Chicago may not have the fashion pedigree of New York or Paris, but the Chicago History Museum is a treasure trove of couture. Besides the big names of Dior, Givenchy, and Versace, the Museum also has extensive holdings by Charles James, a designer who worked in Chicago as a milliner for a few years in the 1920s, before striking it big in the fashion world…
Bakery Hours: Mon – Thurs, 6am – 9pm; Fri 6am through Sun 9pm (63 straight hours) Café Hours: Sun – Thurs 7am – 4pm; Fri 7am through Sun 4pm (57 straight hours) If you’ve been […]
There aren’t enough hours in the day to check out every noteworthy art event in Chicago. But there are a few events that you just can’t afford to miss. Here’s our quick guide to five must-see events and exhibits in Chicago in December.
Jellyfish have been on earth for more than 500 million years, but how much do we really know about them? Jellies, an exhibit at the Shedd Aquarium, gives us an overview of the animal by exploring its biology and history…
Bangers and Lace’s cocktail The Little Destroyer is perfect for nights when it’s too cold to venture outside for a drink.
The tragic events of September 11 happened just over a decade ago, but the country hasn’t forgotten. Among the many ways Chicago is commemorating the anniversary is with the riveting Ground Zero 360° exhibit, on view at The Field Museum through January 2.
With new restaurants opening seemingly every day, how are you supposed to keep track of them all? From steakhouses to trendy lounges, we’ve rounded up some of the most notable Chicago openings of the past few months, so you can better focus your dining energies.
There aren’t enough hours in the day to check out every noteworthy art event in Chicago. Here are our can’t-miss picks for November.
When the new National Hellenic Museum opens in November, the space will offer a window into Chicago’s Greek community – literally.
Visiting Chicago’s museums is an enriching experience, but it can be prohibitively expensive. Most area museums schedule free days each year, and Illinois residents can take advantage of extra discounts. Read on for a round up of free days for the rest of 2011 – now you’ll know where to go the next time you have an unexpected day off.
In Claro y Obscuro, running through November 27 at the National Museum of Mexican Art in Pilsen, Chicago-based artist Elsa Muñoz presents a world caught in media res…
In Ann Toebbe’s new show in the Museum of Contemporary Art’s UBS 12 × 12: New Artists/New Work gallery, she depicts interior spaces that she recreates from memories. The works, large-scale cut paper collages, are on display through October 23. Toebbe recently talked to CBSChicago.com about her art work and artistic process…
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!