Parents at an Andersonville elementary school slated to close this summer said Chicago Public Schools officials have added insult to injury, with plans to dismantle some historic murals before school is even out.
There’s nothing quite like displaying a unique work of art, especially one by a local artist that was less than $100. Follow these tips to find creative works while supporting local artists.
The Web site Racked.com may be pitting trendy hipsters against young and snazzy professionals, as they ask Chicagoans to pick one of six intersections as the best for shopping.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces us to Andersonville, a unique neighborhood on Chicago’s North Side that retains its Swedish heritage.
A fire spread to six garages in the Andersonville neighborhood in a period of 15 minutes overnight.
The Andersonville neighborhood is home to Chicago’s first “people spot,” with a miniature park is taking the place of two parking spaces on Clark Street.
A busy and fun weekend for Chicago with, it would seem, something for everyone. It would seem there is something for everyone.
It’s not Halloween or the apocalypse, but hundreds of people are dressing up as zombies in Chicago’s Andersonville neighborhood this afternoon.
A renowned Swedish deli in Andersonville is back open for business after being closed during the summer, and says it is not going anywhere.
A Criminal Court judge has denied bail to a Mexican immigrant accused of murdering his downstairs neighbor, and then setting the body afire in the garage behind the Andersonville apartment building in which they lived.
A woman found burning inside a North Side neighborhood garage Thursday morning was strangled and beaten to death, a Friday autopsy determined.
An autopsy is scheduled for Friday for a 54-year-old woman, whose burning body was found in a garage on the northwest edge of the Uptown neighborhood.
A woman was found burned to death Thursday morning in a North Side garage, and police believe she was murdered. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
Police have issued a community alert, after a man tried to sexually assault a woman in a quiet section of the Andersonville neighborhood.
About 4,000 Commonwealth Edison customers on the Far North Side were without power for about an hour Saturday.
If you are looking for something to do with the kids, head north to Andersonville: “A quaint village in the heart of a world class city.” Andersonville was founded by Swedish immigrants and remains a thriving Swedish community with plenty to offer families that visit or choose to make it their home.
New Ald. Harry Osterman (48th) is looking to his constituents to find out what kind of businesses he should be trying to attract to his ward’s many commercial strips.
Two Chicago Police officers were hospitalized overnight, when their transport wagon hit another car in the Andersonville neighborhood.
Lesbian activist Kelly Cassidy will replace state Rep. Harry Osterman in the Illinois House, as Osterman moves to the Chicago City Council.
Following the blizzard this week, most people were pulling out their shovels or snow blowers, while some were just trying to skid through it.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.376
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.696
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!