CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports on why the trail seems to have gone cold in the murder of 6-month-old Jonylah Watkins.
William Lee Martin was killed Friday night, making it two sons killed in one year for Thelma Smith,
Some Chicago neighborhood activists will be out on Halloween night, trying to protect trick-or-treaters from egg-throwers.
Five people were shot to death between Thursday night and early Friday morning in the city of Chicago, including two men whose bodies were found outside a South Deering neighborhood car wash.
One teenage boy was killed and 12 others were injured in Chicago just between 9 p.m. Monday and 5 a.m. Tuesday.
An 8-year-old boy paralyzed from the waist down in gang crossfire says he wants to see an end to the violence, but he’s not letting his injury slow him down — on the basketball court or off.
Four years ago Sunday, a 14-year-old Austin High School student disappeared from her home. Saturday, more than 50 family members, police, community residents and ministers joined in prayers for her return.
An Englewood neighborhood billboard for a new shoot-‘em-up action movie is stirring an outcry. CBS2’s Mike Parker explains why community leaders are upset and want the billboard removed.
A Chicago activist on Tuesday was calling on a South Side family to tell police what they know about a gunman who opened fire on their home, killing a 6-year-old girl.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!