Quarterbacks are lacking and skill-position players are down. It’s time to load up on the building blocks of the game.
This is the second in a series where I take a look at some of the top candidates’ background, strengths, scheme, and what skill position players the Bears would need to add to properly execute their system.
The Wild-Card weekend represented some of the worst playoff football seen in many years.
Anquan Boldin set a franchise record with 145 yards on five receptions, including the clinching touchdown, as Baltimore beat Indianapolis 24-9 in Sunday’s AFC wild-card game.
It has been a magical year for rookies across the NFL, specifically on the offensive side of the ball. With all the love for Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin, III though, there is just as beastly of offensive rookie that it’s time we start recognizing.
Peyton Manning’s performance has placed him right in the middle of the conversation for NFL Most Valuable Player Award honors.
It’s safe to say Sunday was a special day for the Colts entire organization.
This is a perfect “cold iron” situation for teams that start the likes of Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Alex Smith, and Joe Flacco.
According to Dick’s Sporting Goods “Jersey Report,” Jay Cutler’s jersey has fallen from the eight overall best-selling jersey to 10th.
While the Bears 41-21 win over the Colts looked good, one NFL expert cautioned fans not to project too far into the future based on one win.
A 41-21 opening win is in the books, and nothing happened to derail the story going in — that Cutler with new weapons and new coaches could carry an aging defense to great places.
Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall weren’t about to let Andrew Luck upstage them in their first game back together. Cutler threw for 333 yards and two touchdowns, Marshall added 119 yards receiving with a TD, and the Chicago Bears spoiled Luck’s debut, beating the Indianapolis Colts 41-21 Sunday in the season opener.
Check out Jeff Joniak’s “Keys to the Game” for the Bears matchup against the Colts on Sunday at Soldier Field.
Bears radio analyst Tom Thayer thinks that once the ball kicks off at Soldier Field, fans will see a new McClellin.
New Bears general manager Phil Emery spent the offseason getting Jay Cutler more weapons. Now that he has them, it’s up to the rest of the league to stop them.
Since 1998, three NFL franchises have had the top overall pick twice: Cleveland, Houston, and Indianapolis.
The key to winning a championship, or at least putting yourself in position to make a run in the playoffs, rests on the shoulders of your second running back, third wide receiver and backup quarterback.
A lot is expected of a top-10 draft pick, no matter their position. See who will do what once the season kicks off.
Rookie quarterbacks have been on notice for years.
Finding rookie talent is more essential in the NFL than it is in any of the other major pro sports.
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.117
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.196
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.337
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!