Adding insult to injury, the Blackhawks were also forced to deal with questions surrounding the goalie interference call that took away what would have been the game-tying goal in the third period.
Marian Hossa and the Chicago Blackhawks were well aware they’d been playoff underachievers since they captured the Stanley Cup in 2010. Now, they’re eyeing another championship. And they just took an important step toward it.
In the midst of a slow, gritty contest, Game 1 ultimately went to the Blackhawks because their third line beat the Wild’s top defensive line in overtime.
The Blackhawks made a strong statement Sunday in becoming the first team this season to clinch postseason berth, as they used a third-period rally to beat the Nashville Predators 5-3.
Just one day after assigning him to Rockford, the Blackhawks have recalled Brandon Bollig for Friday night’s game in Colorado.
Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa and Andrew Shaw are all battling injuries.
Daniel Carcillo scored the tiebreaking goal with 49.3 seconds left in regulation and the Chicago Blackhawks won their 11th consecutive game, beating the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 on Wednesday night to extend the best start in NHL history.
No matter what goalie the Chicago Blackhawks put into their net, they are coming away with win after win.
Patrick Kane scored the tiebreaking goal for Chicago on what would have been a San Jose power play and then added an empty-netter to seal the Blackhawks’ 5-3 victory Tuesday night in a matchup of the NHL’s top two teams.
Matt Cullen scored 90 seconds into the game and again in a shootout to lift the Minnesota Wild to a 3-2 victory over Chicago on Wednesday, handing the Blackhawks their first loss in seven games this season.
When the Blackhawks take the ice Monday night in Game 6 against the Coyotes, they will most likely have forward Andrew Shaw back with them.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman considers those complaints from various teams about their players receiving suspensions during the postseason as nothing more than “gamesmanship.”
Brendan Shanahan explains why he suspended Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw 3-games.
Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw received a three-game suspension for running into Phoenix goaltender Mike Smith in Saturday’s 4-3 win over the Coyotes.
Despite one of the most exciting wins in recent memory, Blackhawks fans are still upset that Andrew Shaw was given a game misconduct for colliding with Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith Saturday.
Patrick Kane scored the only goal of the shootout to give the Chicago Blackhawks a 3-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday in the final game of the regular season for both teams.
Travis Zajac and Patrik Elias scored in a shootout and Martin Brodeur made 37 saves and stopped four of five shooters to give the New Jersey Devils a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.
Rookie Andrew Shaw scored 2:42 into overtime to give the Chicago Blackhawks a 2-1 win over the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night.
Patrick Sharp scored two goals, Duncan Keith had four assists and Corey Crawford made 24 saves as the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 5-1 on Tuesday night to sweep the season series.
Marian Hossa scored twice as the struggling Chicago Blackhawks overcame an early two-goal deficit and defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-4 on Wednesday night to end a three-game losing streak.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!