About 40 gay rights activists were out in the rain Saturday, picketing in front of Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan’s southwest side Chicago office, demanding a vote in the House on same-sex marriage, reports WBBM’s Bob Roberts.
Chicago gay rights activists are planning another protest Wednesday outside the city’s only Chick-Fil-A.
Thousands of anti-NATO activists were staging a rally outside McCormick Place during the NATO summit Sunday afternoon, after marching from Grant Park.
Police and most protesters say they don’t want trouble, and South Loop business owners surely don’t.
Those who are planning protests around the NATO summit are staying on message, and avoiding questions about the potential for violence to erupt.
Activists planning anti-NATO protests, marches, concerts and counter-summits gathered Thursday at the headquarters of Occupy Chicago to discuss a week’s worth of events leading up to the NATO summit on May 20 and 21.
The NATO summit is just weeks away and Chicago officials are figuring out how to handle the thousands of protestors expected to turn out for the meetings.
The U.S. Secret Service has revealed security measures for next month’s NATO summit, which will push protesters a bit further away from McCormick Place than they originally planned to be.
The group planning to protest during the upcoming NATO Summit is giving the federal government until 5 p.m. Monday to release its plans for a security perimeter at McCormick Place, or face a lawsuit.
Anti-war activists planning a protest rally during the NATO summit in May have reached a compromise with city officials over the route of their planned protest march on the opening day of the summit.
Anti-war protesters appear ready to compromise with the City of Chicago about a march during the NATO summit.
After listening to a full day of testimony, a city hearing officer has told anti-war protesters planning a major rally during the NATO summit in May that he will have a decision by later this week on their appeal of the city’s denial of their preferred march route.
The city of Chicago has rejected a request by anti-war protesters to march through downtown Chicago on May 20, the first day of the NATO summit.
The other welcoming committee for the NATO summit in May says it’s changing the date of its march to make sure protestors don’t miss the ministers.
In a surprise move, the White House has announced the upcoming G8 summit will be moved from Chicago to Camp David. The NATO summit scheduled for the same weekend will stay in Chicago.
Going back on an earlier statement, Mayor Rahm Emanuel says restrictions and fines directed at protesters will be permanent, not temporary for the G8 and NATO summits.
Demonstrators had a two-pronged agenda when they took their protests to Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s doorstep Wednesday afternoon.
Andy Thayer has twice been arrested in Russia, but says he won’t be intimidated in the effort to advance gay rights. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
A Chicago gay rights activist was among several people arrested in Russia over the weekend, for participating in an illegal Pride parade in Moscow.
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!