An anonymous caller prompted Elgin Police to visit the home of 51-year-old Sherry Dove, on the 100 block of Villa Street.
A 37-year-old Harvey man was scheduled to appear in bond court Friday, after police found one dead dog and seven other abused or neglected dogs while enforcing an eviction at his home in south suburban Harvey.
A south suburban man has been charged with animal cruelty after eight dogs — one of them dead — were allegedly found inside his home during an eviction Thursday morning.
Kyle Voissem was convicted Tuesday after a two-day bench trial, and now faces up to three years in prison. The judge also ordered him to undergo psychiatric evaluation.
A woman has been charged with a felony count of animal cruelty after allegedly stabbing her cousin’s cat to death after a fight in the South Side home they shared.
HARVEY, Ill. (CBS) — The Cook County sheriff says he and his team took dozens of suspected criminals off the streets in Harvey last week. As WBBM Newsradio’s Lisa Fielding reports, sheriff Tom Dart says […]
A Chicago man and a 13-year-old boy are facing numerous charges after allegedly posting videos of themselves torturing puppies on YouTube.
Darrick Sharkey, 24, of the 4200 block of West Iowa Street, was charged with one felony count of aggravated cruelty to animals.
A South Side man has been sentenced to 90 days in jail for kicking his cat.
Two Iowa men have been ordered held on $10,000 bond after they were arrested on animal cruelty charges when police found 43 puppies left inside a cramped parked vehicle with little food or water.
Two Iowa men were charged with animal cruelty after Chicago Police found 43 puppies in a parked vehicle Tuesday in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood.
Northwest Indiana officials seized 55 dogs from a home where they were malnourished and neglected, and three responders were bitten by the animals in the process Wednesday.
Police called it one of the worst animal abuse cases in Illinois and on Wednesday, after four years, a 33-year-old man was sentenced to 3 years in prison on dozens of charges of animal abuse.
For the fourth year straight, a California-based advocacy group says Illinois is “the very best of the best” state in the country for the strength of its laws against animal cruelty.
An East Pilsen neighborhood man faces animal cruelty charges, after police say he threw boiling water on his dog because the animal urinated on the floor.
There is a heart-wrenching story Monday morning about a West Side family on-the-move, a pet dog abandoned in the cold, and some cruel kids.
They went in wearing masks and came out carrying dozens of dogs and cats. Now, an Elmwood Park man and his mother are under arrest for keeping dozens of animals in a home so filthy it was deemed uninhabitable.
The trial continues Thursday for a Lake County woman accused of torturing dogs in her Deer Park animal shelter.
A Plainfield man faces felony charges, after allegedly abusing his father’s cat and causing the animal to lose an eye.
Two pitbulls died in a hot car Sunday afternoon in the parking lot of a store in southwest suburban Joliet.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!