He was one of Chicago’s most colorful and controversial public officials. Now he’s charged with being one of the city’s top “deadbeat dads.”
Mayor Rahm Emanuel acknowledged Tuesday that former Mayor Richard M. Daley’s security detail is not being reduced for now, but he indicated it would be soon.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez has found a way to give some alleged first-time, nonviolent offenders a second chance before the case reaches the courtroom.
Men tortured under disgraced former Chicago police Cmdr. Jon Burge gathered in front of the Criminal Courts Building on Sunday, calling on mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel to take action.
Federal agents who track illegal immigrants are no longer working out of the Cook County Criminal Courts building where they were able to immediately check arrest records and begin deportations.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez, who was first elected in 2008, said Friday she’ll seek another term.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez has asked Illinois State Police to look into the Chicago Police Department’s handling of a homicide case involving a nephew of Mayor Richard M. Daley.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez said Wednesday that she was “disappointed” that Gov. Pat Quinn signed legislation abolishing the death penalty in Illinois.
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed legislation that cracks down on those responsible for large-scale theft of retail merchandise.
Just a day after State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez told the Cook County Board that budget cuts would severely impact her office, she sent pink slips to more than 100 office staff members.
Sparks wre flying Tuesday afternoon at the Cook County Board, over the size of budget cuts in the Cook County State’s Attorneys’ office.
Evictions of Cook County homeowners whose mortgages have been foreclosed could resume next week after a legal opinion ended Sheriff Tom Dart’s five-week moratorium.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!