Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
Thursday’s extreme heat brings double trouble to the Chicago area. Not only is the heat dangerous, but the air conditions could make it hard for some people to breathe.
Officials will cut the ribbon on Tuesday for a new 15-story Ronald McDonald House in Streeterville, the largest of its kind.
A full 130 years after opening its first facility in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, Children’s Memorial Hospital is leaving the neighborhood behind for a shiny new facility in Streeterville.
Patients at Children’s Memorial Hospital helped cut the ribbon Monday on the hospital’s new $855 million home in Streeterville.
It was an emotional moment for former Mayor Richard M. Daley on Tuesday, as a haven for hospitalized kids was dedicated at the new Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
Citing safety concerns, a new lawsuit seeks to prevent Children’s Memorial Hospital from opening its long-planned heliport atop its new home in Streeterville.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel wants City officials to overhaul Chicago’s regulations governing heliports, something he says his long overdue.
Opponents say they have new ammunition in their fight against a helipad at the new Children’s Memorial Hospital complex, which is now under construction in Streeterville.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.667
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!