It is impossible for Aurora Police Detective Lee Catavu to fathom the number of hours he has spent trying to bring Timmothy Pitzen home.
The Adler Planetarium in Chicago celebrates its 83rd Anniversary today. When it opened in 1930, Alder had the distinction of being the first planetarium in the Western Hemisphere. The institution is planning another first this year and some of its rarely-seen collections will be part of the show.
It was 30 years ago today that Harold Washington was elected Chicago’s first black mayor.
The brother of one of the five women killed at the Tinley Park Lane Bryant store says the family will make a pilgrimage to site on Saturday – the five-year anniversary.
A dozen couples, who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversaries this year, renewed their vows Saturday at the Field Museum.
Patti Blagojevich says she got an anniversary gift better than flowers from her imprisoned husband.
It’s been five years since Blair Holt was shot and killed on a CTA bus on his way home from school.
One Chicago company has done really well in this down economy, partly because they help other businesses to do the same. Thursday is the 8th anniversary of Chicago startup Grubhub, a website for the very hungry; and yes, they are hiring.
One year ago, Chicago was bracing for a blizzard that eventually shut down Lake Shore Drive and forced hundreds of drivers to abandon their cars on the lakefront. Today, there wasn’t a flake of snow in sight as the Chicago area reveled in temperatures nearing 60 degrees.
Later this week, Chicago will mark the one-year anniversary the third heaviest blizzard in recorded history. But looking outside, you’d have no idea.
Marking the first anniversary of the income tax hike approved by Gov. Pat Quinn and the Democrat-controlled legislature, Republican lawmakers hammered Democrats over the tax increase, saying people don’t like it and it’s not working.
It was just before Halloween four years ago that Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson vanished. On Tuesday, her sister Cassandra Cales spoke exclusively to CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli.
This year, to mark the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, President Barack Obama is encouraging Americans to volunteer or do something good for their community in a national day of service. For several years now on that date, thousands of Chicagoans have been doing just that.
On April 18, 1991, the White Sox were coming off a successful 6-1 road trip to start the season. Moreover, they were just a few months removed from a 94 win campaign when they challenged Oakland for the AL West crown.
Twenty years ago today President George W. Bush was basking in high approval ratings following the first Gulf War, Cheers was the popular TV show in the land, and a new era started for the Chicago White Sox.
Chicago area Vietnam veterans gathered today to talk about their plans for June of next year – as they mark 25 years since the city honored Vietnam veterans with a parade.
Bud Light Presents The Danny Mac Show Anniversary Bash featuring Tributosaurus Brought to you by The Little Guys and Durty Nellies in Palatine Event Description: 670 The Score and Bud Light invite you to come […]
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!