Thomas Chmura is accused of attempting to abduct an Antioch girl. His bond was revoked when he reportedly was caught in the presence of children at his Benet Lake, Wisc. complex. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
The 14-year-old girl was walking on Skidmore Drive in Antioch Thursday when a man pulled up beside her in a station wagon and asked if she needed a ride. When the girl declined, the man said, “Come on, you’re so beautiful, let me drive you home,” and she declined again. The man said, “Get in the car,” and the girl ran away and he drove off.
Michael Highsmith told detectives that he had been friends with the victim for more than four years, and that he attacked him to steal his jewelry, Balmes said.
A man was found dead inside a mobile home in north suburban Antioch late Friday morning, more than four hours after he barricaded himself inside, in apparent connection to the death of a woman outside the home.
The young man raced to the house and through a window saw the girl’s father passed out on the living room floor and called 911. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
An Antioch family of four – all of whom had passed out – was saved this morning by a teenager who called 911 after he peered through the family’s window.
Two teenagers were killed when the SUV they rode in crashed into a tree Monday night in north suburban Antioch, according to the Lake County Sheriff’s office.
Antioch Community High School is in mourning today – after the death of a 14-year-old freshman and her father, killed in a plane crash yesterday in southeastern Wisconsin.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Lynn Lunsford says a single-engine Grumman AA1 crashed while trying to land just before 1:30 p.m. Sunday. He says local authorities told the FAA both people on board died.
CBS 2′s Brad Edwards talks with the family of a fifth-grader who says an Antioch elementary teacher gripped her arm so hard there were bruises.
A 41-year-old man is in jail on a $3 million bond after he was charged with the murder of the mother of his 19-year-old daughter in Lake County.
One suspected robber was killed, and two others were injured, after a wild police chase in far north suburban Antioch.
Divers from Lake and McHenry counties discovered the body at 10:42 a.m. Monday using sonar equipment in 30 feet of water.
The search has resumed for a 62-year-old man who jumped off a boat for a swim in a lake in Antioch and couldn’t get back onboard, although the man is now presumed dead.
Fire torched a mobile home park in far north suburban Antioch on Tuesday, causing substantial damage and ruining some summer fun.
A few former NFL players will be in Antioch Friday, helping to put up siding on a home destined to be given free-of-charge to a military veteran wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Sara Glashagel, 27, of Elk Grove Village, will serve a year’s probation and must perform 80 hours of community service.
An Antioch church has received so many gifts to replace the ones stolen in a theft last week — it may be able to help out another local charity struggle to meet its growing demand.
A church in far north suburban Antioch is scrambling – after someone stole items donated for needy families.
A north suburban high school teacher accused of changing student grades submitted a letter of resignation, effective immediately, according to school officials.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!