Antoin “Tony” Rezko
The saga of Rod Blagojevich involved no shortage of the bizarre and the tawdry, but a book about the deposed and imprisoned governor set for release next month may top it all yet again.
A political insider who became one of the government’s key witnesses in the corruption investigation of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s administration was sentenced Thursday to 5 1/2 years in prison.
Ali Ata, one of the last figures to be sentenced after being ensnared by the investigation that sent former Gov. Rod Blagojevich to prison, won’t have to serve a day in prison.
The federal prosecutor who led the team that convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich is leaving the U.S. Attorney’s office to join a prominent Chicago law firm.
A federal judge in Chicago has sentenced Tony Rezko to 7 1/2 years in prison for a fraud conviction, but will allow him to serve it at the same time as his longer sentence in a separate case.
A 10 1/2-year sentence for political fundraiser Tony Rezko is not a good sign for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich, according to a former federal prosecutor.
Antoin “Tony” Rezko, a top adviser and fundraiser for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich, has been sentenced to 10 1/2 in prison, a full three years after he was convicted on corruption charges.
Political fundraiser Antoin “Tony” Rezko was convicted on corruption charges more than three years ago, but still hasn’t been sentenced and has been in jail ever since.
Jurors began sorting Wednesday through three weeks of testimony against a longtime Illinois powerbroker in the last trial related to a nearly decade-long federal investigation of ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
The producer of “Million Dollar Baby” cursed at a clout-heavy businessman about what he believed was a scheme to extort him for a campaign donation, screaming over the phone that he’d never relinquish a dime to then-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, the Hollywood executive testified Thursday.
An attorney for an Illinois powerbroker on trial in the last case directly linked to a federal investigation of Rod Blagojevich sought in his opening statement Thursday to distance his client from the disgraced former governor.
Sentencing has been delayed again for convicted political fixer Antoin “Tony” Rezko, a former fundraiser for ousted Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Jury selection has begun in the trial of Springfield businessman and powerful political insider William Cellini, on charges that he shook down a Hollywood producer for campaign contributions.
A onetime Tony Rezko business partner, who once was a Chicago cop and chief executive of a company that won a $50 million security contract in Iraq, has pleaded guilty to federal charges in Chicago after he cooperated with authorities.
A federal judge set a new sentencing date in October for convicted political fixer Antoin “Tony” Rezko, a former fundraiser for ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
The sentencing hearing for convicted political fixer Antoin “Tony” Rezko has been delayed until fall in case he testifies against former Gov. Rod Blagojevich this spring.
Antoin “Tony” Rezko, the notorious former fundraiser for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich, is seeking a new trial based on a U.S. Supreme Court decision.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!