Patrick Kane scored the tiebreaking goal for Chicago on what would have been a San Jose power play and then added an empty-netter to seal the Blackhawks’ 5-3 victory Tuesday night in a matchup of the NHL’s top two teams.
Antti Niemi made 34 saves against his former team for his first shutout of the season and Jason Demers broke a scoreless tie late in the second period with his first goal to lead the San Jose Sharks to a 1-0 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night.
On June 9, 2010 the Chicago Blackhawks won the franchise’s first Stanley Cup since 1961. Over the last year, a lot has changed for the organization, but the core players still remain poised to compete for Stanley Cups in the future.
“The Godfather II,” it was not. Were it, the Blackhawks would have ended up in another parade, showing off hardware and long playoff beards, wearing big sunglasses over sleepless eyes as they drunkenly freestyle-rapped inane lyrics to a sea of red-clad celebrants.
The Chicago Blackhawks are looking to do something that only three teams in Stanley Cup Playoff history have ever done
Wednesday will begin the third straight year that the Chicago Blackhawks and the Vancouver Canucks have met in the NHL’s Western Conference playoffs.
Using their most prolific period of the season the Blackhawks rallied for a 6-3 victory over the San Jose Sharks.
The Chicago Blackhawks have lost all three meetings with the San Jose Sharks this season, and a big reason for that has been former Blackhawk Antti Niemi.
The Chicago Blackhawks’ Jonathan Toews has been named the NHL’s First Star for the month for February. In the Blackhawks’ 13 games, Toews tallied 21 points (six goals, 15 assists) which led the league in scoring.
Former Chicago Blackhawks goalie Antti Niemi helped the team win the Stanley Cup Championship last season before moving on to the San Jose Sharks as a free agent, on Tuesday he signed a four-year extension.
For each goal scored, the opposing team scored another. The Blackhawks scored twice in the second period within the final 23 seconds to keep the game tied, but were unable to break through San Jose’s defenses during the third period. After facing each other three times this season, the Blackhawks have lost each time.
Over parts of the last three seasons, the Blackhawks have lined up Nikolai Khabibulin, Cristobal Huet, Antti Niemi, Marty Turco and Corey Crawford in net.
The Blackhawks head to San Jose to take on the Sharks and with Anti Niemi struggling this season, he may not be in front of the net. The Blackhawks are looking for a third straight victory, despite losing the last time they faced the Sharks.
Marian Hossa and the Blackhawks travel to San Jose to take on their rival, in the San Jose Sharks, and their old teammate, in Antti Niemi.
Antti Niemi will get his first crack at beating his former teammates from Chicago as the Blackhawks travel to San Jose to face off against the Sharks Wednesday night.
Antti Niemi helped the Blackhawks win a Stanley Cup and then left the team as a free agent after his arbitration hearing. Niemi will finally receive his Stanley Cup ring when the Sharks play the Blues.
Perhaps the Sharks regret signing the former Blackhawks goalie Antti Niemi. The Sharks lost 4-0 Sunday to Calgary while Niemi allowed three goals on the first five shots against him.
It can be dangerous to draw conclusions based on small sample sizes, particularly in the early portion of a season. With that in mind, I still think the Blackhawks and GM Stan Bowman look pretty good for deciding as they did on their goaltender for 2010-11.
This season has been a new one for the Blackhawks and their fans. Instead of being up and coming title contenders, they’re defending champions. Another change has been the goalie and his style of play.
By ALAN FERGUSON, STATS Writer (AP) — Not long after celebrating the end of a 49-year title drought, the Chicago Blackhawks began feeling the weight of the NHL salary cap. Whether the Blackhawks can become […]
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!