Tenants of a Rogers Park apartment building claim their landlords are neglecting bug and rodent problems to try and drive them out, in hope of bringing in new tenants who can afford higher rent.
The University of Chicago, encouraged by early success of its Harper Court redevelopment, is pushing forward with plans to build a retail and apartment building less than a half-mile away from it.
One person was hospitalized Tuesday morning after a shooting and possible burglary inside an apartment building in Plainfield.
Fire officials arrived on the scene of a four-story brick building at 713 W. 35th Avenue around 4 p.m. Friday with heavy fire and smoking showing through all four floors.
Four people were injured – one of them critically – when an extra-alarm fire broke out Tuesday morning in the Chatham neighborhood.
Fifteen people – including six Chicago firefighters and a Chicago police officer – were injured during an extra-alarm fire in Edgewater.
Residents of a foreclosed apartment building in the South Austin neighborhood have a new receiver, and he is being greeted with a rent strike.
Firefighters rescued a 53-year-old man from a blaze in Rogers Park Tuesday morning.
The woman from suburban Worth known as “the Shoe Lady” has her shoes, but not much else — following a fire that burned the apartment building in which she lived.
Owners of a Lincoln Park apartment building that has gone without heat or hot water for days have agreed to make temporary repairs by Monday, much sooner than they originally told tenants, after the city took the owners to court on Thursday.
A fire left a person critically injured overnight in the Rogers Park neighborhood.
Seventeen people were left homeless Wednesday morning when a fire broke out in a large South Side apartment building.
A fire in a Palatine apartment building left a man with burns and gutted the structure Tuesday morning.
Twelve families were displaced from a Maywood apartment building after a fire Sunday morning.
One person was hospitalized, and firefighters rescued many others, in a raging blaze at an apartment building in south suburban Blue Island early Friday.
About 30 people were displaced from their homes overnight, when a fire broke out in an apartment complex in Joliet.
Sixteen people are without a home after a fire broke out in the southern part of Evanston Thursday night.
Two men were injured overnight a fire in the Humboldt Park neighborhood, which has been blamed on misplaced smoking materials.
Residents at a West Side apartment complex said a piece of art there could put their kids at risk. It’s a historic statue and they’re afraid it could fall on a child, so they asked CBS 2′s Pamela Jones to help get it fixed.
Two people were rescued from the third floor balcony of a West Chicago apartment building Sunday night, after they became trapped during a fire.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!