A 25-year-old Mount Prospect native is one of Chicago’s newest entrepreneurs.
A panel of eight judges presided over the financial future of nine teams in the citywide business plan competition –where teenage entrepreneurs explain why they should win the attention and cash of venture capitalists, reports WBBM’s John Cody.
CBS 2’s Ed Curran has a warning from parents and experts who fear these new apps could encourage kids to start smoking the real thing.
A new crime-fighting tool in Cook County might soon be in the palm of your hand.
If you’re a Chicago resident, you can track your city service requests by a simple click of your smartphone touch screen.
If you’re looking for something to do or somewhere special to stay in our fair city, it just so happens that there’s an app for that.
Chicago Police charged two men with a pair of robberies that happened within minutes of each other early Thursday morning in Ukrainian Village by using a popular application to track a stolen iPhone.
It’s rare parents go anywhere without their smart phones anymore; these hand-held mini computers are used for so much more than just making phone calls and receiving texts, so it’s no wonder that so many applications have been developed specifically for families and little ones. Here’s a list of some wonderful apps for families.
If you’re planning to fly out of O’Hare International Airport soon, and you have an iPhone, there’s a new app available to help you get around the airport.
Some cabbies aren’t thrilled with the program, thinking they’ll actually lose money as passengers double-up. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
A new iPhone app may save your life someday. CBS2’s Mike Parker reports how the new technology, which is already working in California, may be headed for Chicago.
On the surface, SilvrSpoon looks like a combination of OpenTable, GrubHub and Yelp. But in reality, says SilvrSpoon’s Nick Terkay, “It’s a whole platform engaging customers and restaurants to interact in the dining environment like never before.”
Anxious about your brackets? Watching every game? Check into games, score points, root for your team and talk smack to your buddies with CBS Chicago’s latest mobile application: Shout Sports!
Whether you use an iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android, Palm, or other mobile device, getting around Chicago has never been easier. Get what you need, when you need it. Find information on local attractions, transit, deals, shopping, and more.
First it was cash, then plastic. Now your cell phone is the new way to pay for your everyday purchases. But as CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, our latest mobile wallet has its rewards and risks.
Your cell phone is the new way to pay for your everyday purchases.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.403
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.2434
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!